Manager of Design Initiatives
Why this job: Join the creative team of a successful and expanding school that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School is seeking a Manager of Design Initiatives to lead the successful execution of all design projects related to TEP’s new school campus: a newly constructed 60,000 square foot, state-of-the-art building scheduled to open in early 2019, which will be the home for TEP’s middle school (480 5th to 8th grade students).
Position Overview: The Manager of Design Initiatives is a creative role that requires expertise and experience in project or product management, and design. This individual will oversee the execution of multiple designs and other projects of varying scope, all related to TEP’s new flagship facility. This role will serve as influencer, curator, and manager for multiple designers who are working on building supergraphics, interior design, and furnishing selection; in addition, this individual will manage other new-building related projects such as planning the building’s ribbon-cutting and opening community celebration and planning the launch of the new building’s chef-staffed kitchen and healthy food program.
- Serve as the project manager and chief communicator amongst multiple stakeholders, including internal staff (i.e. TEP Principal), contracted designers, external consultants and others.
- Collaborate with TEP’s internal stakeholders to identify project objectives, review options and develop strategies to meet the aesthetic, functional, and programmatic goals of each project
- Align each building-related project to TEP’s organizational identity and culture
- Establish and maintain project schedules and budgets, in collaboration with TEP’s Principal
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the field of project or product management
- Strong design sensibility; formal training in fine arts and design, a plus
- Significant experience managing multiple projects under strict deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong team orientation
Accountability: The Manager of Design Initiatives reports directly to TEP's Principal.
Compensation: The Manager of Design Initiatives earns an annual salary in the range of $55,000 to $75,000 based on the individual’s experience level. This salary will be pro-rated based on the number of months that the individual works. A robust benefits package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, a 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance.
Position Duration: The Manager of Design Initiatives will be available to start as of late June 2018 ending approximately 9 to 12 months later. Start-date and end-date are flexible.
Back to top