Director of Operations
Why this job: Help shape the future of students in Washington Heights and Inwood by joining the leadership of a successful and expanding school that has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 Minutes for its radical investment in teachers and its outstanding results. Given TEP’s revolutionary model, this is an amazing opportunity for a proven leader who can effectively and enthusiastically direct the operations for our current Early Childhood/Elementary school campus, as TEP expands from a 480-student middle school to a 1200-student Pre-K through 8th grade school. TEP’s Early Childhood/Elementary school grades currently include Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade; 3rd grade will open in 2019-20, Pre-K and 4th grade will open in 2020-21.
Position overview: The Director of Operations is a dynamic leadership role that requires the expertise to manage extensive school operations. This individual will maximize the school’s operational performance by developing and refining operational systems, designing and executing short-term and long-term strategies, supervising operations staff, and serving as part of TEP's school leadership to support TEP's growth.
- Develop the school’s current and long-term operational capability by leading all non-instructional operations, including:
- NY State Assessments; coordination of logistics related to state testing
- Data systems (i.e. TEP’s Student Information System and ATS)
- Student Recruitment and Enrollment
- Student Transportation; managing student transportation logistics (i.e. yellow bus, Metro Cards) and the relationship with DOE’s Office of Pupil Transportation
- Technology Support Vendors; serve as TEP’s management liaison with all technology vendors
- School Food Program; oversee the set-up of school meals with the Department of Education, ensure compliance with Department of Health, and the timely distribution of meals for all students
- Plan & Manage School Events
- Direct logistics of school ceremonies and special events
- Manage all Field Trips logistics
- Partner with professionals at all levels to maximize operational performance according to the seasonal activities for the school
- Influence operational excellence and collaboration
- Provide leadership and training for the Front Office Team
- Co-Manage Facility & Security Personnel Team
- Ensure a culture of customer service and solutions-oriented support for students, families, staff, and visitors
- Minimum of 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a relevant leadership role
- Demonstrated competency in managing strategic operations
- Strong supervisory experience required; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Exhibits strong communication skills and writing ability; bilingual Spanish fluency, preferred
Accountability: The Director of Operations reports directly to TEP's Elementary School Director.
Compensation: The Director of Operations earns a competitive salary in the range of $90K to $100K based on the individual’s experience level, with benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, 403b retirement plan, STD, LTD and Life Insurance. The Director of Operations has approximately 6 weeks of vacation (which includes school vacation days).
Back to top