Position Overview: The Equity Project Charter School is seeking a motivated and dependable individual to assist the school bus driver in maintaining safety while the bus is in operation.
- Implements rules and regulations, policies and administrative guidelines as adopted by the NYC Department of Education and The Equity Project Charter School
- Assists parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students; coordinates seating of kindergarten students as required by State Transportation Guidelines
- Communicates with teachers, principals, and parents concerning student background, medical problems and behavior as appropriate.
- Attend in-service meetings and training courses as needed
- High school diploma, or GED
- Successful completion of NYSED and NYCDOE mandated certification
- Experience with early childhood is a plus
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
Position requires the following Part-Time schedule availability:
- 7 AM to 8 AM (for bus arrival to school) and 3 PM to 4 PM (for bus dismissal from school).
- Additional 5 hours a week, for weekly training and department meetings (usually before school dismissal time).
- Opportunity for additional hours throughout the week available, according to school needs and performance.
Back to top