- Manhattan, NY
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments, elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
The Managing Dentist leads the Studio clinical team in the treatment of patients to create a unique, customer-centric dental experience to support the values of the brand. The Managing Dentist will partner with the Studio Manager and Operations and People teams to manage the day-to-day performance of the studio teams, including: Studio Metrics, Individual Metrics, Coaching & Feedback, Mentoring & Teaching, Performance Management, and Rewards & Recognition
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an experience people look forward to.
About the Role
- Lead the clinical diagnosis and appropriate dental treatment of patients and provide mentoring/coaching to Associate Dentists in the studio.
- Assist the team in creating a unique, customer-focused dental experience for patients
- Lead the dental staff in all areas of clinical treatment and dental practices.
- Collaborate with non-clinical functional areas of Clinical/Operations, Finance, People Support, and Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) to optimize performance of your practice through understanding of studio and individual performance/metrics; understanding and monitoring lab fees and dental supplies; referrals to specialists outside of Tend and re-care & treatment metrics.
- Collaborate with the Studio Manager and People team to hire or backfill open positions to maintain an experienced dental staff with knowledge of regulatory requirements, clinical practices and a desire to create a patient-focused experience.
- Provide training and coaching for the staff in conjunction with the Studio Manager, Clinical/ Operations and People teams.
- Lead the delivery of premium patient experience and clinical care to drive patient satisfaction, referrals, and retention.
- Participate in study groups with other providers from Tend studios, to network and share best-practices
Clinical Care Deliverables
- Perform dental procedures, hygiene routine, oral exams, x-rays, fillings and crowns.
- Perform complex procedures and manage the referral of patients to internal or external specialists.
- Ensure office staff to provide high quality communication and care to patients.
- Oversight of regulatory guidelines, specifically OSHA, CDC and ADA guidelines,; standard operating procedures and policies related to the clinical care of patients and safety of patients and staff members.
- DDS, DMS degree is required.
- Current License to practice dentistry in state where employed.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in a group, DSO or private dental practice is preferred.
- Dedication to ensuring the highest quality of care to patients.
- Leadership skills that value collaboration and an inclusive work environment.
- Proven experience mentoring, teaching, leading a group of clinical providers to create outstanding patient care and service.
- Desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment that values high energy and creative problem solving.
- Proven ability to manage complex patient and team member conversations by involving the appropriate cross functional support and assistance.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Our Goodie Bags are Pretty Impressive!
Our comprehensive benefits & perks program will make you grin. Employer-sponsored healthcare coverage, 401(k) with an employer match, generous paid time off, a pre-tax commuter benefit, and much more!
Keeping the Tend Community Safe
We’ve always been committed to providing the highest quality of care for our team and members. During this time, we are taking extra precautions to promote the health and safety of those who work and receive treatment at our studios. From enhanced PPE to sterilized equipment and staggered visit times with on-site temperature checks, we prioritize your health every step. For more information on how we’re making our dental visits safer, please visit:https://www.hellotend.com/notice
We are committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are respected, employees are treated fairly and individual contributions are valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Back to top