- Irving, TX
The Trading Analyst will assist the Market Analysis team in fundamental analysis of the energy markets and support of daily trading activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with the development, regular updating, and interpretation of daily reports and model results for mid-term and real-time trading. Includes analysis of supply and demand variables, weather patterns, and market practices.
- Help to further advance the application of core commercial locational marginal pricing models used for near-term and long-term analysis.
- Research and analyze historical datasets to determine statistical relationships and develop predictive models.
- Follow market trends and regional trading regulations and analyze how they impact prices, as well as communicate with traders and originators on changes.
- Interact with trading, asset management, and origination groups to answer questions on prospective deals and transactions. Identify data and analyses to assist in decision making.
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
Self-Starter - The Trading Analyst can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. He/she follows assignment of tasks, but also identifies additional activities and initiates the appropriate effort. He/she is a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. The Trading Analyst works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
Uses Effective Communication Skills - The Trading Analyst uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear and concise in communication, and is able to confidently communicate the results of analyses to key decision makers. He/she effectively matches style, tone, and delivery method to the intended audience.
Displays Leadership/Team Orientation - The Trading Analyst displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to promote the organization's success. He/she effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond his/her area of expertise.
Technical Skills - The Trading Analyst holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to stay ahead of technical expertise, is proactive, and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
- S. in Engineering, Meteorology, or Mathematics required
- Excellent MS Access, MS Excel, and Visual Basic skills required
- Experience with energy markets and/or weather forecasting models preferred
- Knowledge of statistics strongly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Detail-oriented, analytical mindset, and questioning attitude
- Proactive approach toward identifying and solving problems, as well as seeking challenging experiences
- Strong work ethic, team attitude, and willingness to work extended hours as workload requires
Must be able to read
reports and use computer.
Must be able to hear
well enough to communicate
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk to various departments throughout the organization.
Must be able to stoop down to work with equipment or materials.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and pull or push equipment or materials.
Must be able to write, type,
and use phone system.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel.
The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top