- Irving, TX
The System Operator is responsible for the monitoring and coordination of the real-time dispatch of customer power generation facilities and controllable load resources across the United States.
Essential Job Functions:
- Continuous compliance with the applicable market and operational rules.
- Coordination with power plant personnel and regional transmission organizations.
- Interacts effectively with Real-Time Traders and Asset Managers to monitor and evaluate generation surplus or deficit positions related to market opportunities.
- Strong computer and analytical skills and proficiency with database, spreadsheet, real-time, and internet applications are a must.
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
- This position requires working twelve hour shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Traveling to training seminars is required several times per year.
- Self-Starter - The System Operator shall work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. He/she does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. He/she is a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. The System Operator works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
- Effective Communication Skills - The System Operator uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear, and concise in communication. He/she effectively matches style, tone, and delivery method of the intended audience. He/she has the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Customer Focus - The System Operator will maintain a customer focus - that is, have the ability to look from the customer's view. He/she is viewed as a business partner by customers and anticipates customer needs to ensure there are no barriers to doing business.
- Displays Leadership/Team Orientation - The System Operator displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization's success. He/she effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond his/her area of expertise.
- Technical Skills - The System Operator holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to stay ahead of technical expertise, is proactive, and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
- Minimum requirements include an undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows (current) and Office (current), and proficiency with database, spreadsheet, real-time, and internet applications required.
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, multi-task, and confidently make critical decisions in a fast- paced environment.
- Must have strong customer service, time management, organizational skills, and written/verbal communication skills.
Must be able to read
reports and use computer.
Must be able to hear
well enough to communicate
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk to various departments throughout the organization.
Must be able to stoop down to work with equipment or materials.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and pull or push equipment or materials.
Must be able to write, type,
and use phone system.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel.
The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top