Real Time Trader
- Irving, TX
The Real Time Trader position will be responsible for same-day physical and financial power transactions in compliance with Tenaska's Risk Management Policy.
Essential Job Functions:
- Execute wholesale electric transactions, including sales of excess generation and purchase of economy power through interaction and negotiation with other Market Participants
- Acquire transmission service to facilitate such transactions
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required
- This position requires working twelve hour shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Self-Starter - The Real Time Trader can work effectively and efficiently with little oversight. He/she does not require assignment of tasks, but sees worthwhile activities and initiates the appropriate effort. He/she is a self-starter showing a strong bias for action with a sense of urgency and high energy. The Real Time Trader works within a collaborative environment to achieve improved results.
Customer Focus - The Real Time Trader will maintain a customer focus by understanding the customer's viewpoint. He/she is to be viewed by customers as a business partner who anticipates their needs and assures there are no barriers to doing business.
Effective Communication Skills - The Real Time Trader uses effective communication skills to manage communication and feedback within the organization. He/she is candid, clear, and concise in communication. He/she uses appropriate style, tone, and delivery methods to effectively reach the intended audience.
Leadership/Team Orientation - The Real Time Trader displays leadership and team orientation by working collaboratively to achieve the organization's success. He/she effectively practices a high level of good judgment and interpersonal skills; mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership); and is willing and able to lead beyond his/her area of expertise.
Technical Skills - The Real Time Trader holds him/herself and others to high standards. He/she proactively strives to stay ahead of technical expertise and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business (Finance, Accounting, Economics), Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects
- Must have strong customer service, time management, and written/verbal communication skills
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel. The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings, including local and domestic.
Must be able to read
reports and use computer.
Must be able to hear
well enough to communicate
Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk to various departments throughout the organization.
Must be able to stoop down to work with equipment or materials.
Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and pull or push equipment or materials.
Must be able to write, type,
and use phone system.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top