The successful candidate will be responsible for performing and/or overseeing technical support for development of multiple large scale renewable energy projects. The primary initial assignment will be supporting portfolios of battery energy storage system ("BESS") projects. However, future assignments may include solar photovoltaic ("PV"), wind, hydrogen and carbon capture and sequestration projects.
The technical support functions include: site identification and assessments, configurational analysis, preliminary layout and engineering design, permitting support, technology evaluations, performance estimation, capital and operating cost budget estimates, contracting for engineering design services, preparation of project schedules and supporting bid processes for major equipment supply, project construction and operations and maintenance services.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Science and Engineering jobs in Omaha, NE delivered to your inbox every week.
The candidate will be a key member of interdisciplinary business teams. As such, the candidate will work closely with other disciplines including: management, development, public relations, environmental, real estate, third party consultants and counterparties (suppliers, customers, partners and lender's engineer).
Some domestic travel will be required to project sites, conferences and counterparty offices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee project development engineering, including: facility configuration, general arrangement / layout, civil grading, geotechnical investigation, electrical collection system, substation and transmission.
- Define the scope and schedule of development engineering tasks; source and manage external consultants performing the work.
- Prepare technical risk assessments of development projects to support commercial proposals and negotiations.
- Maintain an organized and clearly documented set of project-specific technical deliverables.
- Track land acquisition and analyze progress in Geographic Information Systems ("GIS") software tools.
- Oversee land sufficiency analysis for project site locations within all statutory and industry standard setbacks from site features.
- Identify and recommend innovative solutions to resolve unique design issues to (a) maximize project capacity and/or efficiency while (b) minimizing scope, schedule and cost impacts.
- Develop plant capital cost estimates and O&M cost estimates for various project configurational options (capacities, technologies, arrangements, etc.).
- Work with consultants to define the scope and oversee solar irradiance and/or wind resource campaigns. Manage preparation of solar and/or wind resource assessments and energy production modeling using advanced software such as PlantPredict and Openwind.
- Stay abreast of latest technology developments and suppliers for relevant asset types. Conduct technology evaluation, including commercial/economic considerations.
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Travel to project sites and counterparty offices will be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of five years in power sector and/or project engineering roles.
- Knowledge / experience with battery storage project development, design, fire safety standards and installation.
- Knowledge /familiarity with various battery chemistries, battery integrators and battery OEMs.
- Excellent MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-orientation and an analytical mindset.
- Proactive approach toward seeking out and solving challenging problems.
- Strong work ethic, organized, disciplined, team attitude.
- Outstanding ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability to work well with a team, as well as being an expert individual performer.
- Prioritize safety in all personal and professional situations.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Ideally 7-10 years in power sector project engineering or project management experience.
- Prior experience coordinating with land agents, public relations and permitting.
- Familiar with rules, regulations and standards that impact the power industry.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Experience with Project Schedule software.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with multi-functional interdisciplinary teams.
At Tenaska we care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families. That's why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits included below:
- Health, dental, vison, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Incentive-based, competitive salary packages
- Health/dependent care flex accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Adoption benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Charitable giving program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness programs
TENASKA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER