This position will have a primary responsibility for supporting the valuation and risk measurement of a portfolio of complex natural gas derivative products. While performing this task, the individual will be developing techniques for valuation improvement, managing and updating market derived inputs to the valuation and risk measurement process, and responding to specific inquiries from management on valuation and risk related topics. This fast-paced opportunity will provide a balance of daily workflow responsibilities and fundamental research.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with Analysts to support management and updating market derived inputs to the valuation and risk measurement process
- Respond to specific inquiries from management on valuation and risk-related topics
- Provide quantitative support to the Head Traders and Physical Traders, as well as Management with respect to market data and deal valuation
- Support Analysts in developing techniques for valuation improvement
- Dependable, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Human Resources and Recruitment jobs in Omaha, NE delivered to your inbox every week.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics or similar degree
- One to three years of relevant experience
- Understanding of accounting, finance theory and mathematics with a strong emphasis in statistics
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with physical and financial products traded in the natural gas market
- Passion for continuous improvement and investigation
- Strong PC skills including familiarity with database structuring and management
- In-depth experience utilizing Excel to write complex formulas and utilize a wide variety of tools such as pivot tables and VBA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a multi-project environment with limited supervision and meet fast-paced deadlines
- High personal standards for performance and integrity.
At Tenaska we care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families. That's why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits included below:
- Health, dental, vison, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Incentive-based, competitive salary packages
- Health/dependent care flex accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Adoption benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Charitable giving program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness programs
TENASKA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER