Intern-Wind Project Tech/Admin Assistant
This position is designed to provide an intern exposure to work as a Technical/Administrative staff member representing the Project Owner within a Wind Turbine Construction Project. This is a fast-paced, real-time active construction project where organizational skills and an attention to detail are required to provide accurate tracking of Contractor Construction Progress used by the Owner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work closely with the Owner's Project Team, including Site Manager, Technical Inspectors, Project Manager and Project Engineer.
- Be responsible for tracking construction progress by both physical (white boards, large maps) and electronic means (Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word).
- Keep minutes of key meetings
- Manage Project documentation
- Help to coordinate daily activities among the Project Team
Work Schedule and Duration:
- The project's construction schedule is anticipated to be split into two phases
- Phase 1: Now to early/mid-December 2019
- Phase 2: March 2020 through October 2020
- There may be reduced/limited work hours required between Phase 1 & 2.
- 20-25 hours per week; ideally 5 hours per day / 5 days per week OR 4 hours per day / 6 days per week.
Required Skills Core Competencies:
- Results - Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Displays drive and initiative.
- Project Focus - Able to independently anticipate and act upon Project needs. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently meets or exceeds quality standards.
- Communication Skills - Candid, clear and concise in communication. Listens carefully and confidently speaks up with questions and concerns. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner.
- Teamwork - Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others. Interacts successfully with people of all levels.
- Technical Skills - Holds himself/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to learn and apply it to the job.
Required Experience Education/Experience/Skills Basic Requirements:
Superior working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Windows Explorer
Basic / Intermediate technical and analytical skills
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Back to top