Intern, Market Risk
- Omaha, NE
The Market Risk Intern will support the Market Risk Group in the daily valuation and risk measurement of a portfolio of complex natural gas derivative products. This fast-paced opportunity will provide the Market Risk Intern with applicable experience in statistical and financial modeling, and valuation and risk management. This is a year-round opportunity for a student of junior standing. Hours required would be 20 hours during the school year, and 40 during the summer. This internship will start May 2021.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the compilation of daily risk reports and various other reports and analyses;
- Respond to specific inquiries from management on valuation and risk-related topics;
- Dependable, predictable and reliable attendance is a requirement.
- Results - Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Leads change and can translate business strategy into specific goals.
- Customer Focus - Viewed as business partner by customer. Able to independently anticipate and act upon internal and external customer needs. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently exceeds quality standards.
- Communication Skills - Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Listens and often asks appropriate questions when necessary. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with all levels of management.
- Teamwork - Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Effectively delegates work and responsibility to achieve positive results.
- Job Knowledge - Outstanding knowledge in job and/or department. Constantly strives to gain additional expertise and knowledge. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden or strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner. Inspires others to stay current in technical expertise.
- Technical Skills - Holds himself/herself and others to high standards. He/she strives to maintain technical expertise, is proactive and inspires others.
- Currently working toward undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Intelligence or Mathematics required
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Specific interest in the application of mathematics to finance
- Some formal training in statistics and probability theory
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic.
Ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, calculator, printer, copy and fax machines. Position may require extended work hours on short notice. All work will be performed in an indoor office environment and may require extended periods of sitting, standing and bending and typing/data entry.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The job will require sitting in an indoor office environment, the need to visually read various written materials including, but not limited to paper documents and computer monitors. The job may also require standing, bending, walking, lifting up to 10 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crouching, driving, and airline travel. The incumbent will have the ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, calculator, and copy and fax machines. Travel required to meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top