- Irving, TX
The Energy Accountant is responsible for performing monthly financial accounting and invoicing tasks, preparing reports and analyses for management, and communicating with customers for billing and payment inquiries and resolving customer issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares, reviews, and distributes monthly customer invoices and reports
- Effectively communicates with customers to ensure timely payments and issue resolution.
- Converses with employees and management at all levels on issues related to accounting procedures and processes.
- Prepares assigned journal entries and associated supporting schedules
- Completes assigned account reconciliations and associated supporting schedules
- Prepares and updates various management reports, typically in spreadsheets
- Actively participates on department and company process improvement and system enhancement projects
- Energetically works to develop a knowledge base for the wholesale electricity market and TPS' energy trading and energy management business.
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required
- Results - Consistently completes assigned tasks and projects by meeting or preceding deadlines, and exceeding expectations of supervisor. Analyzes problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions. Plans, organizes and prioritizes workload to make best use of resources. Displays drive and initiative. Identifies opportunities for improvement, supports change, and accomplishes assigned goals.
- Customer Focus - Viewed as business partner by customer. Works closely with supervisor to ensure customers' needs are met. Deals effectively with changes in priorities, unexpected events or unanticipated demands. Delivers service that consistently exceeds quality standards.
- Communication Skills - Candid, clear and concise in communication. Effectively matches style, tone and method to audience. Listens and asks questions when necessary. Communicates information to others in a positive and professional manner. Exemplifies confidence when communicating with department management.
- Teamwork - Accepts responsibility as a team member and works to create high morale. Actively attentive to the concerns of others and the development of their potential. Interacts successfully with people of all levels. Willing and able to learn beyond his/her area of expertise.
- Job Knowledge - Outstanding knowledge in job and/or department. Constantly strives to gain additional expertise and knowledge. Seeks out assignments or opportunities to broaden or strengthen skills. Uses knowledge in creative and effective manner. Inspires others to stay current in technical expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Zero to two (0-2) years of Accounting experience
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Strong work ethic, team attitude, and willingness to work extended hours as workload requires
- Detail oriented, analytical mindset, and a questioning attitude
- Problem solving in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Dedicated self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Positive attitude
- Power industry experience
Ability to use standard office equipment such as PC, telephone, calculator, printer, copy and fax machines. Position may require extended work hours on short notice. All work will be performed in an indoor office environment and may require extended periods of sitting, standing and bending and typing/data entry. The job may also include driving, and airline travel. Travel may be required to attend meetings in other office buildings including local and domestic.
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top