Tenaska is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States, an organization that's adept in natural gas and power marketing, power management, development and acquisition of generation assets, operation of power plants and more.
The Associate, Real Time Energy Management is responsible for the economic monitoring and optimization of the real-time dispatch of customer power generation facilities, controllable load, and storage resources across the United States.
Essential Job Functions:
- Continuous compliance with and understanding of the applicable market rules.
- Understanding and analysis of fundamental market data for utilization in evaluating and implementing operational and market strategies.
- Interacts effectively with Energy Managers, Real-Time Traders, and System Operators to understand current customer needs and to seek creative solutions.
- Strong computer and analytical skills and proficiency with database, spreadsheet, real-time, and internet applications are a must.
- Dependable, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
- This position requires working twelve hour shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Traveling to training seminars and customer sites is required several times per year.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Management jobs in Irving, TX delivered to your inbox every week.
- Minimum requirements include an undergraduate degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows (current) and Office (current), and proficiency with database, spreadsheet, real-time, and internet applications required.
- Ability to prioritize assigned projects, multi-task, and confidently make critical decisions in a fast- paced environment.
- Must have strong customer service, time management, organizational skills, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Prior industry experience is preferred.
At Tenaska we care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families. That's why we offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. Benefits included below:
- Health, dental, vison, disability, and life insurance
- Excellent 401(k) plan
- Incentive-based, competitive salary packages
- Health/dependent care flex accounts
- Tuition assistance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Adoption benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Charitable giving program
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness programs
Tenaska is an equal opportunity employer.