Customer Service Entry
You have strong empathy for others and have a passion for making someone’s day a little better because they happened to run into you. You are fulfilled by the fact that with every call, you have an opportunity to re-frame someone’s expectations of the insurance industry for the better because they chose you as their trusted advisor. You are not interested in purely processing transactions, you are the kind of person that wants to have a valuable and meaningful conversation with the customer, to truly identify solutions to not only what they called in about, but areas of benefit to their policy they might not even know about. You are looking forward to that next call and the opportunity it affords you to make a meaningful impression on that person’s day. At Ted Todd Insurance, Customer Service is what we aim to always hang our hat on. When you are a part of our CS team, you’ve joined a culture and network of other like-minded professionals that want what’s best for the customer above all else.
Work with a Sr. Agent to issue insurance policies by receiving, reviewing, and verifying insurance policy applications: creating policyholder files; calculating premiums, adjustments, refunds, and payments; resolving discrepancies; answering questions for policyholders.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by sorting, organizing, and recording insurance applications.
- Verifies insurance policy applications and forms by reviewing completeness and accuracy; resolving discrepancies and problems; contacting applicants for clarification or additional information; referring questions to policy underwriters and adjusters.
- Updates existing insurance policies by adjusting policyholder and claimant information; recalculating premiums; adding reinstatements; calculating and authorizing refunds, adjustments, and payments.
- Prepares new insurance policies by creating policyholder file; entering policy information.
- Calculates premiums by comparing policyholder information to rate standards; referring variances to underwriters.
- Helps policyholders by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Prepares information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Financial Skills, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, General Math Skills, PC Proficiency, Customer Service, Microsoft Office Skills, and Problem Solving. Must use latest technology/software. Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English. Must adhere to all safety and security regulations. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:30pm. This position requires the Customer Service Representative (440) License within 1 week; Life, Health and Annuity (215) License within 3 months and the Property and Causality (220) License within 6 months of employment.
Back to top