Theater Event Producer
- Produces 330 Hudson theater speaker events.
- Work in partnership with Theater Producer (Video Team).
- Coordinate all elements of programming in TED’s NYC theater in partnership with Theater Producer and with support of Theater Manager. Event types will range from single speakers to full-day events with multiple speakers.
- Scale up to produce roughly 1-2 small events weekly, one larger event monthly.
- Liaise with TEDNYC speakers and act as their main point of contact for all logistics-related elements for Theater Conferences.
- Manage all speaker deliverables in partnership with Theater Producer: AV forms, release forms, presentation visuals, scripted talks, slides and more, and develop those as needed.
- Create and maintain production / speaker prep schedule for each event.
- Oversee speaker rehearsals arrangements -- both in advance of each event and onsite.
- Potential to produce other TED events outside theater (like special sessions at conferences) — as needed.
- BA / BS degree or equivalent.
- 5-7 years producing programs in a live environment.
- Excellent communication skills required — both written and interpersonal.
- You are an experienced event producer with experience in video who’s a self-starter with a passion for making sure your projects are well-executed and on budget.
- You are sharp, quick and deeply collaborative, able to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes complex environment.
- You’re resourceful and you just can’t stop yourself from scenario-planning and thinking ahead.
- You can comfortably interact with high-profile speakers and you have a knack for putting people at ease during times of high stress.
- You are excited by the chance to bring a variety of programming to TED’s new theater in NYC and you love the idea of contributing to our greater mission of spreading worthy ideas.
Pay and benefits are fair and competitive. We actively seek employees from diverse backgrounds. We're an EOE, and we only hire extremely nice people. This role is based in our Manhattan office; full-time telecommuting is not possible.
Back to top