TEDx Media Operations Coordinator
You should be someone who is very process oriented, loves to organize and is extremely detail oriented. You are an excellent but compassionate written communicator. You are comfortable with daily high volume. Sometimes you’ll be solving a complex technical problem with a skilled video production manager; other times, you’ll be explaining how the basic functions of the Internet work. You are excited about things like Youtube metadata! Google spreadsheet formulas! Tagging taxonomies! You should also be creative and have an eye for the visual. You are a natural problem-solver. You love sticking to daily routines, processes and tight deadlines.
High level responsibilities:
- Lead processing of new uploads from the TEDx community; this includes compliance, screening and optimization of incoming videos to the TEDx Talks Youtube channel
- Collaborate with product and media managers in the development of a tools and products, eg. CMS
- Manage the TEDx talks website and collaborate with TEDx media and editorial on the TEDx YouTube channel
- Communications and correspondence with the community on media and tech issues
- Manage other related media projects and assignments as required
- Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience in tech, media and/or social video
- Advanced knowledge of the YouTube Creator Studio and Google applications is essential
- Comfortable working in a high volume, fast-paced start-up environment
- A collaborative team player who is also comfortable working independently
- Excited about working with and communicating with people from all over the world
- Very detail-oriented, organized and self-sufficient
- Fluent in English
- Fluency in another language strongly preferred
- Previous video and/or photo editing experience a plus
- Previous customer support experience a plus
- Passion for TED/TEDx
- Based in New York City
This is a full-time paid position based out of our NYC office. Only candidates applying within the greater NYC metro area will be considered; remote work is not possible.
Compensation: We offer a competitive package, including full benefits.
Due to the high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified.
Also: we only hire extremely nice people.
Back to top