TEDx Community Coordinator
TED is seeking a Community Coordinator to join our TEDx team immediately. The ideal candidate will be a global citizen with strong writing and communication skills as well as the ability to stay organized in a fast paced environment. A passion for working with a geographically diverse and amazing community is a must!
This person will work with the TEDx Community Manager on engaging our community through on- and offline programs via our digital platforms and on-the-ground workshops/gatherings. The Community Coordinator will also assist with preparation and execution of our annual initiatives centered around TED-curated events. This is a position that is mainly internally-facing and admin-driven.
If you are a creative self-starter with a positive attitude, a background in writing, digital community engagement and event planning, we invite you to apply for this role.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the TEDx Community Development + Engagement Manager on deadline-based projects and tasks
- Monitoring and surfacing great content on our internal digital platforms
- Monitoring, contributing to and editorializing our internal digital platforms
- Finding new ways to amplify TEDx ideas, insights and stories
- Maintaining team's internal Google Docs
- Supporting lead-up on all in-person workshops, and on-site activations at TED Conferences
- Providing production services and support as needed for on and offline gatherings
- Special assignments as needed
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Prior experience with customer service
- Graphic design skills: Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, etc.
- Mac proficient
- Fluency working with Google applications: Docs, Gmail, Maps
- Keynote proficient
- Ability to learn on the job
- Experience writing for the web
- Social media experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Prior experience with Salesforce a plus
- Prior experience working with a digital community a plus
- Ability to cull great images from our expansive photo library
- A good eye to choose images and layout for digital platforms
- Very detail-oriented, organized and self-sufficient
- Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-lingual preferred but not required
- World travel experience preferred but not required
- Must be based in New York City
- Able to work in our Manhattan office 5 days a week
A passion for TED and TEDx and a broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts – are big pluses. Candidates should find joy in communicating with people from all areas of the world, be comfortable working in a startup-like environment, and execute their job with a sense of humor and eye for detail.
Also: we only hire extremely nice people.
Note that due to high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top