TED-Ed Technical Project Manager
- Work with all TED-Ed stakeholders to understand the technical challenges and needs of TED-Ed community members and the TED-Ed Team.
- Use data and analytics to enable data-driven decisions and product strategies
- Research and analyze third party solutions and weigh them against internal build (build vs. buy)
- Liaise between TED-Ed team, internal product/tech teams and third party partners
- Define project scope and generate requirements
- Identify, prioritize and sequence tasks into detailed work plans that allow TED-Ed’s engineers and designers to update TED-Ed’s web properties on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
- Prioritize and structure work flow for short and long term needs and execute against these goals, all while keeping multiple teams informed as each project progresses.
- Work with product and engineering to prioritize TED-Ed projects and provide insight and direction on TED-Ed priorities and needs
- Generate reports for various stakeholders on regular and ad-hoc basis from a variety of data sources (SQL, APIs, Spreadsheets, etc.)
- Occasionally provide basic customer service efforts related to highly specialized questions around TED-Ed’s products and systems
Example 3rd party technologies and platforms used by TED-Ed:
- GitHub + ZenHub for project/product management
- Custom reporting through Google Analytics
- MailChimp for email communications
- Desk.com for customer support
- Wordpress for TED-Ed blog
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrated knowledge of some (not all) of the platforms and solutions we use; relevant experience in similar applications environment
- 5-7 years of prior experience in a relevant job
- Agile thinker who can think creatively and practically about tech solutions
- Outstanding analyst who can sees insights in numbers
- Organized, self-sufficient, hands-on DIY orientation, trustworthy and reliable
- Thrives on multitasking
- Can work in a small flat team without a support team
- Comfortable in a startup like environment, where everyone wears multiple hats and priorities regularly shift, to keep pace with rapid industry changes and organization growth
- A passion for educational systems, learning and a broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts – are big pluses
- Executes their job with a sense of humor and eye for detail
Location: This role is based in TED's downtown New York Office. Telecommuting is also an option.
Compensation: We offer a competitive benefits package, including generous health/dental/vision benefits and a company-matched 401K. Every employee also gets an annual continuing education allowance to use for professional development as well as 4 weeks of paid vacation.
Also: we only hire extremely nice people.
Note that due to high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top