TED-Ed Program Intern
TED's education initiative, TED-Ed, is looking for a friendly, curious, detail-oriented problem solver to join our small, collaborative team. The TED-Ed Program Intern will work closely with our Program Manager and Coordinator on TED’s student voice initiative, the TED-Ed Clubs (TEC) program.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student
- Proficient in Google Calendar, Docs and Gmail
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions, both in person and online
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and rigorous organizational skills
- Experience with high-volume scheduling and video-conference technology
- Manage email communications for TEC community
- Coordinate the application process for TEC
- Maintain TED-Ed content, including social media, newsletter, and YouTube channel
- Represent TED-Ed within the teacher and student communities
- Assist TEC Manager in design and execution of recruitment and promotion strategy
- Assist Programs team in community building efforts and projects
Support Programs team on additional projects related to TEC
The ideal candidate:
- Is committed to amplifying the voices of students and educators
- Keeps his/her head on a swivel and adapts quickly to new situations
- Is comfortable speaking the language of students and educators
- Writes well and navigates social media like a pro
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Loves building order from chaos and has obsessive attention to detail
- Thinks creatively and proactively solves problems
- Plays well with others and laughs easily
This is a paid 15-20 hour per week position from August 2017 through August 2018.
Please note this position will be located in NYC or SF.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top