TED Prize Researcher
- Assisting in the research process, doing deep dives on specific approaches to social change, individual actors within the sector, and/or broader research on the most cutting edge conversations happening in a given field; preparing preliminary reports and/or presentations on the findings.
- Managing the TED Prize submission database and doing the necessary research to move reliable and vetted candidates forward for consideration
- Conducting informational interviews with field experts and translating the big take-aways for the TED Prize team
- Regularly monitoring the public conversation regarding social change and entrepreneurship and keeping the TED Prize team abreast of the most important trends.
- Producing rapid reports on specific areas of concern to either the TED Prize team or the TED Prize committee.
- Reporting to the Prize team’s Head Researcher to offer support on the myriad ongoing projects
- 5+ years working in a dedicated research capacity (professional experience preferred but academic experience considered)
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and video conference
- Detail-oriented and highly motivated
- A curious mind and a personal interest in getting to bottom of things (i.e. natural born researcher)
Pay and benefits are fair and competitive. We actively seek employees from diverse backgrounds. We're an EOE, and we only hire extremely nice people.
This role is based in our Manhattan office.
Back to top