TED Business Curator/Editor
- Know what matters now and next in business throughout the world. Have an extensive network of executives and leading thinkers.
- Advise TED’s curators on business speakers and ideas. (Note, TED isn’t just the annual conference in Vancouver; we also run TED Global salons, TED Youth, TED Women, TED Institute events … This position will work particularly closely with the TED Institute team, which co-hosts TED events with partner organizations.)
- Source, screen and vet business-related talks for publication on ted.com. Be proficient at writing headlines and copy to describe these talks for a diverse online audience of intelligent laypeople.
- Recommend potential TED Books authors and write articles on the most interesting business ideas for TED’s magazine site, ideas.ted.com.
- Be a point of direct contact with TED’s business speakers, to make sure TED continues to support the work of its extensive speaker network.
- At least an undergraduate degree (masters or PhD a plus.)
- 5-7 years experience in business communication or journalism. Excellent, accurate writing skills required. You're able to cut through jargon and distill an important idea into accessible (not dumbed-down) language.
- Sharp, quick and deeply collaborative, able to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes complex environment.
- Experience of the digital world. Ideally you'll be proficient at building posts in WordPress, and can think about communicating an idea via multiple different channels.
- Multiple languages a plus.
We’ll consider candidates with a range of experience, but you are an experienced writer or editor who’s skilled at thinking laterally and can comfortably write about all facets of business. You love to interview and work with many of the world's most prominent business figures, and you love the idea of contributing to TED’s greater mission of spreading worthy ideas.
Pay and benefits are fair and competitive. We actively seek employees from diverse backgrounds. We're an EOE, and we only hire extremely nice people.
This role is based in our Manhattan office; full-time telecommuting is not possible.
TED is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity. We encourage applicants of any background to apply.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top