Social Video Editor / Producer - Contract to Hire
Want to be part of TED’s audience development team? We’re looking for a smart, creative video producer and editor to help us create short videos that amplify a wide range of ideas for TED’s social media channels.
TED has over 27 million followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn -- and we’ve grown by 379% in the last three years. We’re still growing quickly, and we’re looking for someone who wants to help us establish a clear style for TED’s social video and develop new audiences through engaging social video content.
We’re a tiny team at a fast-paced company, so we wear a lot of different hats and experiment constantly. You’ll fit in if you love taking on new challenges; feel comfortable taking risks; adapt quickly when things don’t work; take ownership with confidence; and manage your time effectively.
This is a contract to hire role reporting to our Director of Social Media and Audience Development.
- Edit short videos for TED’s social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Shape TED’s video style for timely news responses
- Experiment with new trends in social video
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Troubleshoot easily
- Work in a fast paced environment and able to produce/edit topical content on the move
- Develop a seamless workflow with other teams to push content to social media channels
- Edit content as it relates to social needs
- Passion for and familiarity with TED Talks
- Comfort accepting feedback from other editors and collaborating with producers
- 2-3 years experience in video editing/producing
- Fluency in FCPX editing preferred
- Media management and understanding of shared storage system
- Experience with other creative applications including Photoshop, Keynote and Powerpoint, Soundtrack Pro and/or Audition
- Obsessive attention to detail and deadlines. Can be counted on to consistently deliver highly-polished edits on time
- Experience creating video for social media and/or strong familiarity with social video
- Spanish-language fluency a plus
This is contract position with the possibility of converting to full-time Q1 2018.
Pay is competitive. We actively seek employees from diverse backgrounds, and we only hire extremely nice people.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top