Senior Product Manager, Mobile + Connected Devices
TED is seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager with proven leadership in delivering best of breed applications for iOS, Android, and OTT platforms.
You will be responsible for defining and delivering TED apps that delight millions of users around the world, across a number of platforms. You’ll be at the forefront of connecting with TED’s super-fans, and helping lead TED forward as we think about new types of content and new ways to connect with users. You’ll be at the intersection of business, tech, and user experience, and need to give strategic insights to drive forward the mobile product roadmap, as well as roll up your sleeves and get releases out the door.
- Manage the backlog and feature roadmap for multiple mobile and OTT apps, taking inputs from stakeholders and turning that into a thoughtful action plan for each app.
- Write detailed implementation specs for features, working closely with UX/UI design.
- Lead teams from conception, requirements gathering, UX design, development, and testing through to launch to deliver new features in a loose agile process.
- Have a strong sense for the intersection of MVP launch and user value. Ship fast but have an eye to building products that will scale to future moonshot ideas.
- Ensure highest quality of all mobile and platform releases, by taking ownership of QA testing.
- Measuring user satisfaction through various feedback channels.
- Be a passionate voice for the TED user within the mobile team and the TED organization.
- Interface with other TED teams to understand priorities and drive towards a consistent vision of strategic goals.
- Stay up to date with best-in-class apps within media, audio, and video, and bring innovative ideas to the table from around the mobile industry.
- Define KPIs for app success, and obsessively look at numbers and report on progress.
- Foster strong partner relationships within the mobile industry - Apple, Google, etc. Attend conferences and events to stay current and bring expertise to the team.
- 3+ years of product management with a focus on native mobile applications. You’ve delivered beautiful, functional apps on a number of platforms.
- Deep understanding of what it takes to drive and measure user engagement.
- Experience in owning projects through to completion, from requirements gathering through launch and measurement.
- Experience writing lean but clear functional specs to get a mobile app built.
- You’re the kind of person who watches sessions from WWDC and Google I/O and has both an Amazon Echo and a Google Assistant.
- Strong written and verbal communication, leadership, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Experience managing remote development teams.
- Analytical thinker capable of breaking complex problems down to actionable recommendations.
- Flexible, able to adjust and change direction as the organization and technology universe evolves and changes.
- Love TED Talks!
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top