TED is looking for a Production Producer. This position will support the Video Production Team by acting as a producer for upcoming TED Conferences productions.
The role reports directly to the Video Operations Director. Candidates should possess a strong production and technical background as well as highly skilled in and deep understanding of post production.
- 10+ years as a producer in a production environment
- Deep live event production experience
- Deep understanding of pre-production, production and post-production workflows
- Comfortable speaking the language of production equipment including digital cameras, lighting, sound, signal flow, control room and production design
- Fluent in media management best practices including experience with one or more content management systems.
- Expertise in Final Cut Pro X a plus
- Advocating for TED’s video production standards and goals.
- Working with speakers to make sure presentations on stage are seamless and beautiful by managing conversations with lighting designer, stage designers and technical crew.
- Supporting TED’s Video Team's efforts to guide contractors in the pre-production aspects of capturing TED Talks on video.
- Communicating and enforcing TED’s production standards to on-site video production teams during the filming of TED conference productions.
- Regular travel for pre-production meetings and on-site production and execution.
- Should possess superior project management and organizational skills.
- Able to work well with others in a high stress environment.
- Must have long-standing proficiency in Mac OS X, Google Apps, and basic networking (FTP, VNC, etc).
- Must have an adaptable work style that responds efficiently to quickly-evolving production constraints.
- Able to juggle multiple communications with various teams to accomplish goals.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment. He/she has significant experience working in a production environment and a genuine excitement about being around new technologies, interest in intelligent and leading-edge content. A broad interest in the world -- including science/technology, design/architecture, entertainment and the arts -- is necessary.
- Candidates should find joy in detail, efficiency, logistics, and quality, should be comfortable working in a startup-like environment.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top