We pride ourselves on combining intelligent, forward-thinking content with leading-edge technology and intuitive design. We're rapidly evolving our website, apps and systems -- which draw millions of monthly users, as well as best-of-breed sponsors -- and are looking for an experienced, deeply collaborative Product Associate.
This role is central to TED's continued success, and we're looking for candidates who have developed industry-leading, delightfully intuitive, beautifully realized websites from concept to launch. The ideal candidate is versatile — with experience on a range of sites/features — and meticulous with the tools of the trade (market research, requirements gathering, product specs, wireframes, consensus building, running demo builds, QA, etc).
Responsibilities: You'll work with all of TED's internal properties to collect and define priorities, set detailed milestones, and facilitate a collaborative team (blending design, development and subject-matter expertise) to execute them. You'll play a key role in maintaining development schedule/roadmaps, monitoring time allocation of resources, supporting all tactical aspects of product delivery. As such, you'll need exceptional communication and organization skills; a collaborative approach; and the ability to absorb and build on our shared vision for what TED.com can become. We expect that you're passionate about digital development/design, and well-versed in best practices; we also expect that you're a natural leader who can help set direction, communicate clearly across disciplines, and enable a team to produce their best work.
Experience/Qualifications: You'll need to be technologically fluent and current with at least 2 years of experience in a related field. You have experience working on enterprise-level digital projects and have a good grasp of what is necessary to work in a lean, fast-paced way. You can accurately estimate tasks and time required for most smaller projects and are capable of communicating with engineers on code level daily.
The ideal candidate is:
- Comfortable in a startup like environment, where everyone wears multiple hats and priorities regularly shift, to keep pace with rapid industry changes and organization growth
- Effortlessly collaborative, with an ability to communicate across disciplines, and pull inspiration and solutions from all departments of the organization
- Organized, self-sufficient, and comfortable multi-tasking. You'll also need to work independently and efficiently without a large support staff.
- Imaginative and inventive, but also rigorous: capable of fleshing out features and product specs to make sure all the puzzle pieces fit
- Some experience or exposure to experience design or service design an advantage.
- Have natural intuition about user-centered design and familiar with wireframing and storyboarding tools, as well as tools for understanding user behavior and quantifying success (traffic analysis, usability testing, etc.)
- Practical about business concerns, and capable of balancing user needs with business priorities (though decisions at TED are heavily weighted toward the former)
- Passionate about TED's content, and the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide
Experience with hands-on web development is a plus. A passion for storytelling and a broad interest in the world—including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts—are also big pluses.
Our team is passionate about TED’s content and the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide. We’re endlessly curious. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we love to work alongside nice people.
This role is based in TED's downtown New York Office. Telecommuting is not an option.
We offer a competitive package, including generous health/dental/vision benefits and a company-matched 401K. Every employee also gets an annual continuing education allowance to use for professional development.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top