Grants Manager, Sapling Foundation
About the Sapling Foundation
The Sapling Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by Chris Anderson that owns the TED conference. The goal of the Sapling Foundation is to foster the spread of great ideas. It aims to provide a platform for thinkers, visionaries and teachers, so that people around the globe can gain a better understanding of the biggest issues faced by the world, and feed a desire to help create a better future.
The foundation concentrates its grant making on a limited number of promising initiatives and aspires to make a major, measurable difference on each. Multi-year grants will help organizations dramatically increase their scale and quality of their impact. The grant making process will build on philanthropic best practices, be collaborative, and will demand commitment to results for all partners and grantees involved.
The Sapling Foundation seeks to hire a 6 month contract-to-hire Grants Manager based in New York, NY.
The Grants Manager will be responsible for the maintenance and analysis of activities in the Foundation’s portfolio of grants – and leverage their experience in donor relations to help build and strengthen important relationships between recipients and donor partners, within a variety of global program areas.
- Develop the foundation for a standard process of connecting grant recipients with donor partners and coordinating the transmission of funds and quarterly check-ins
- Execute the standard process, as established, with various recipients and donor partners
- Finalize grant agreements between recipients and partners
- Complete any additional diligence, as per request of donor partners or their family offices
- Identify opportunities for funders to engage with projects beyond their financial contribution
- Assist the grant recipients with the process of reporting back to partners in an efficient and effective manner
- Help grant recipients network with other funders who may have an interest in their work.
The successful candidate will combine strong communication skills with the flexibility to work across multiple program areas as a trusted liaison to diverse list of grantees and partners. They will play a key role in cultivating and maintaining the recipient-donor relationships with the goal of improving the quality of interactions between them. This role will offer a rewarding learning curve for candidates interested in pushing the boundaries of traditional philanthropy.
Specific requirements include:
- BA/BS degree with a major in business administration or communications preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- At least 5 years of program-related work experience, with a focus on donor partner, and/or grantee relations
- Practical experience in the social sector and/or nonprofit organizations.
- Ability to work effectively and with agility in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top