Community Support Specialist
Are you passionate about spreading ideas globally? The TED Translators program is a community of volunteers from 157 countries who subtitle TED Talks into 115 languages. TED Translators’ subtitles appear on TED.com, our iOS and Android apps, YouTube and numerous partner platforms, garnering tens of millions of views annually. We’re on the hunt for a Community Support Specialist who will be the first line of contact and an advocate for our community of 28,000 volunteers.
- Respond to community comments and queries across platforms
- Resolve support cases in a timely manner
- Implement customer-support best practices
- Identify and track relevant community metrics
- Launch social media and communication campaigns
- Support community development initiatives
- Organize small translation teams to work on time-sensitive tactical projects
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in community support
- Experience launching and managing community initiatives
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with social media management for brands
- Tech savviness and ability to troubleshoot system issues
- Fluency in English and at least one other language
We offer a competitive benefits package and a company-matched 401K. Every employee gets an annual continuing education allowance to use for professional development, as well as 4 weeks of paid vacation.
This is a full-time position based in TED's downtown New York office.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top