Business Intelligence Analyst - TED Mobile + Platforms
We’re on the search for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for delivering and architecting data-driven insights for the Mobile + Platforms team. You will be working alongside a small cross-disciplinary team of product managers, designers, developers, and growth group in providing strategic reporting and insights on the health and wellbeing of TED apps across 9 platforms (iOS, Android, AndroidTV, XBox, AppleTV, Roku, Samsung, ChromeCast, and voicebots). You are a lover of gadgets, meticulous with numbers, organized to a T, and are deeply engaged with the connected device world. You can straddle nicely both in working directly with developers in defining and refining data inputs during app development process as well as generating important reports for the team and various constituents within the organization. You love nerding out with the Data Scientists and are able to make business sense of big data.
- Generate reach, revenue, and relevant metrics to the team and organization.
- Provide data & insights for product design and growth groups.
- Work alongside developers and designers to architect analytics specification for products and verify implementation quality.
- Assist Head of Mobile in strategic researches and insights on industry trends. Help guide where TED should focus on based on current product performance and market opportunities.
- Be a data champion for the team in supporting inquiries from other teams within the organization asking for one-off deep-dives.
- Create dashboards & reports that synthesize key app performance data from different sources, either by leveraging a third-party platform or by building our own.
- Minimum 4 years experience working in professional media / tech companies.
- Expert level proficiency in one or more of the following: Google Analytics, Google Firebase or equivalent enterprise mobile app analytics platform.
- Preferred: experience with Leanplum, Kahuna, Urban Airship or equivalent CRM system
- Preferred: experience with mParticle, segment.io, or other data platform.
- Exposure to video metrics service and video delivery monitoring.
- Proficiency in Google ad products (DFP, AdSense, etc).
- Experienced with A/B testing and other usability testing processes.
- Understand the nuances of technology and its limitations in the connected device space -- ie. off-line, wifi vs cellular modes, background v.s. foreground modes as they relate to data capture and reporting.
- Actively engaged and is aware of the general market trends in this space.
- Experience working in small teams / fast pace environment with keen understanding of agile development process.
- Have strong storytelling sensibility and keen visual chops especially around infographics and charts.
- Bonus: knowledge of SQL, R, and forecasting models.
- Ability to wear multiple hats, and has strong teamwork ethics.
All staff are provided new MacBook Pros. Generous health/dental/vision benefits and a company-matched 401K are part of the deal. Every employee also gets a continuing education allowance to use for attending conferences or taking classes and access to selected TED events & retreats.
Our team is passionate about TED’s content and the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide. We’re endlessly curious. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. But we’re serious about working alongside nice people. This position is available for full-time at TED’s NYC headquarters.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top