Account Executive, Global Partnerships
TED’s Partnerships team works with leading organizations, foundations and agencies to celebrate brands, share compelling stories and highlight product launches and thought leadership. TED is seeking a New York based Account Executive on our Partnership Development team to initiate and manage new accounts, create unique and valuable partnership proposals, execute strategic marketing plans and drive revenue.
A passion for TED and a broad interest in the world – including science/technology, design/architecture, global development, entertainment/arts – are big pluses. A sincere commitment to TED’s mission of “Ideas worth spreading” and building and respecting the brand is essential. Candidates should find joy in detail, efficiency, logistics and quality, should be comfortable working in a startup-like environment, and execute their job with integrity as well as a sense of humor.
If you enjoy cultivating and owning partner relationships and have at least 3 years experience in business development/sales and are driven by TED’s mission this role is ideal for you. This position reports directly to the Director of Global Partnerships.
The Account Executive’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Director of Global Partnerships to identify digital and experiential new business opportunities and develop innovative, integrated proposals to secure sponsorship.
- Build and maintain relationships with the key accounts by establishing tailored strategic marketing plans, growing existing product offerings and introducing new product opportunities to meet or exceed annual sales targets
- Provide regular sales pipeline updates to the team to accurately capture all sales activity
- Provide regular interface with partners and act as the liaison with TED’s creative services team to ensure accurate execution of sales orders and account activity while delivering flawless partner experiences and obtaining the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Attend industry events and develop relationships with clients and media agencies
- Track business expenses in accordance with budgetary requirements
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years experience in business development and/or sales
- Fluency in digital media, video, mobile, display, social platforms in the context of ad sales
- Past experience working with media agencies
- Well regarded in the marketplace with a network of contacts among relevant potential partners
- Bachelor's Degree in business or communications related field preferred
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Excel and Keynote
- A desire to build and nurture healthy internal and external relationships
- A highly organized, confident self-starter with professional demeanor and strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- A love and respect of data and analytics, reporting and insights
- An ability to independently research and prospect using a variety of techniques including online research and face-to-face networking
- Comfort in developing and selling creative, abstract ideas to senior corporate executives
- Excellent capacity to learn quickly, think on the fly and self teach as required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of core marketing principles
- Proactive and goal oriented with strong willingness to learn and constantly improve
This is a full-time position based in New York.
TED is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity. We encourage applicants of any background to apply.
Meet Some of TED's Employees
Program Manager, TED Fellows
Logan works with fellows in the TED Fellows program to bring them into the TED community and help amplify their projects and activities. Her goal: to catapult the next generation of global innovative thinkers—and their careers—into success.
Back to top