Sr Mfg & Process Dvl Engineer
- Wrentham, MA
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact new product development projects, drive for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies / methods and strive to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
• Responsible for leading Medical Tubing projects/initiatives through from conception and into production. Also responsible for optimizing processes, sustaining manufacturing, and other engineering projects. Process development background for new products, processes, new equipment, etc. (specifying capital equipment, new process trials, troubleshooting dies and working with mold shops, etc.)
• Special focus will be in the Swiss machining functional area. Activities will include engineering guidance in the proper operation, tooling and programming (Espirt technology) of the equipment.
• Establish process capabilities for existing and new processes. Enhance capabilities if necessary.
• Work with NPI Engineering to develop standard process platforms to support new market and product opportunities.
• Able to apply automation techniques to resolve production issues.
• Perform Equipment Installation qualification (IQ) and process validation that includes operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ).
• Establish and implement design for manufacturability standards to ensure compliance of product design to best manufacturing practices.
• Create machine performance specifications as needed.
• Recommend or specify machine designs and/or improvements. Lead capital implementation projects.
• Direct work with technicians including direction/support/mentoring
• Tool and fixture design
• Help customers resolve product and processing problems.
• Provide detailed engineering analysis, reports and presentations.
• Enhance the entire development process by reducing the time to market. Drive change to the development team and adopt new tools and processes to improve the development cycle.
• Provide ownership of the transition of new designs into manufacturing through a structured NPI release process.
• Establish NPI setup utilizing BOMs and Routes in an SAP environment. Create work instructions and specifications to successfully release into production manufacturing.
• Design, develop and release leading edge manufacturing processes. Provide for manufacturing training and hand-off to sustaining engineering.
• Use Six Sigma and Lean principles to develop and qualify new manufacturing processes and methods.
What your background should look like:
• Bachelor's Degree in Major Engineering Discipline and/or 5-10 years of Experience
• Five or more years of experience with HMLV and HVM manufacturing and performing process development/engineering.
• Experience with World Class Manufacturing Systems - change control, process control, product development
• Hands on, energetic, and creative.
• Self-starter and highly motivated.
• Excellent English communications skills (oral & written)
• Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, CAD, project management)
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Back to top