SR MECHANICAL R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER
- Adolfo López Mateos, Mexico
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
• BS in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering. Master' Degree in a technical area preferred
• 7+ experience in overall systems definition and product development for Automotive, Aerospace or similar industries - preferably in sensors design, system integration and manufacturing (position/magnetic, temperature, fluid
Level, current). Magnetic is a plus
• 5+ experience with CAD for modeling and drafting (3D, 2D) - preferably PTC Creo using Model Based Drawing
• 5+ experience in PLM systems (CPR, PDM link - Preferred) and ERP systems (SAP - preferred) for BOM & Part creation and maintenance.
• 5+ experience in plastic injection-molded components and mold tool design
• Expert in GD&T (Both ASME and ISO standards) and Tolerance Stack ups.
• Strong experience in Mold Flow and Mechanical Simulation (FEM - ANSYS) is a plus
• Expertise on Design Validation and Product Validation planning, execution and report for the Automotive industry (Environmental, Mechanical tests knowledge)
• Experience with multiple manufacturing processes: Stamping, Resistance Spot Welding, Soldering, Assemblies
• Experience with End of Line (EOL) sensors calibration and testing is a plus.
• Proven experience in Root Cause Identification and Problem Solving Methodologies (Shainin Red X - preferred). 8D reporting
• Strong DFM / DFA / Concurrent Development Experience. Familiarity with Design for Six Sigma, lean principles, quality engineering practices and principles.
• Proficient in Automotive quality management systems IATF, AIAG and regulatory requirements
• Experience in Functional Safety (Automotive Safety Integrity Level, ISO 26262) is a big plus
• Experience working with a PMO driven organization using a New Product Development with Stage-Gate Process (APQP, PPAP).
• Expertise in technical risk management (FMEA's) and manufacturing documentation (Critical Parameters, Control Plan).
• Design For Six Sigma (Green or Black belt) is a big plus.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis (CPK, DOE, GR&R) and tools such as Minitab is a plus
• Strong project management skills are essential.
• Must be proficient in English - Fluent preferably
• Intercultural Competence.
• US visa required
• Frequent national and international travel required (25%)
• Support translation of customer requirements into mechanical sensor product functional requirements and vehicle system integration for different transportation applications and Product Lines (Position, Temperature, Current, Pressure)
• Act as a technical partner and provide support to Customer OEM's and Business Development teams to design innovative and robust solutions. Attend/support customer meetings and site visits as needed.
• Define and develop new product concepts with Platform development teams to provide technical or cost advantages to the market/customer to improve TE's market position.
• This position involves interfacing directly with project managers, customers, new business development and product management, sales, manufacturing engineering, test lab, model & pre-production shop resources. Key expectations:
o Definition, design/development, and environmental testing of sensors for different AUTO & ICT applications and product lines working with Suppliers, internal experts, cross functional teams and customers.
o Perform mechanical packaging design with Customer OEM's systems and applications. Support mold tooling design and release.
o Perform Mechanical Design, modeling & drafting (3D, 2D), simulations (FEA, Mold flow, Magnetics) and tolerance analysis (Stack-ups) to optimize sensor design in collaboration with TE's experts and resources (injection-molded, stamping, machined and assemblies)
o Selection of materials for injection-molded, terminals/coating and assemblies according to customer needs and specifications.
o Responsible for Product Lifecycle Management process for new and existing products using PLM platform (PDMlink, CPR) and CAD (PTC Creo)
o Prototype development in collaboration with system engineers, project managers and process development teams.
o Prepare procedures and test plans to evaluate products for design verification (DVP&R), product validation (PVP&R) or product improvement, interpreting results. Assist testing fixture design as needed.
o Perform field failure analysis along with cross functional teams to find root cause and propose solutions to optimize designs.
o Analyze quantitative information and applies professional judgement to resolve a variety of moderately complex problems; using problem solving methods (preferred Six Sigma or Shainin Red X).
o Develop product design technical documents (models, drawings, DFMEA, specifications, standards, testing plan) needed for product release and PPAP submission
o Troubleshoot design issues during Prototyping, Design Validation Testing and production startup.
o Apply Design for Manufacturing and Assemblies (DFMA) principles working closely with Process Development Engineers and Manufacturing teams. Support tooling design and release as needed.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Back to top