Sr Manufacturing & Process Engineer
- Milpitas, CA
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Position as Process / Product Engineer contains the responsibilities to develop, implement, maintain and document methods, operation and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of MEMS devices.
The Process/ Manufacturing Engineer will work closely together with the production and R&D team. He/she will be responsible for running process evaluation lots and to disposition non-conforming material on the production floor and drive process/test improvement to increase product yield. He / she will also be responsible for yield optimization, process improvement, customer communication and related documentation of an assigned pressure sensor product line. The position requires spending 75% of the time in the cleanroom.
- Responsibility and ownership of the processes, documentation and engineering of an assigned production module to ensure that all released production processes and equipment are compliant with quality requirements
- Responsibility for an assigned product line including documentation of PFMEA, Control Plan and technical customer support. Drive improvement of quality and manufacturing costs.
- Documentation of production processes, process changes and results of DOE
- Support production by evaluating problem lots, monitoring yield and by defining corrective actions to improve production processes
- Optimize and sustain existing production processes with CIPs (Continuous Improvement Programs) and by using statistical methods to monitor key process parameters.
- Develop new processes as required by device design and parameters
- Qualification of new production equipment and engineering support of existing equipment
- Disposition of non-conforming material, use of problem solving techniques and support failure analysis
- Implementation of Poke Yoke to eliminate cause of failures
What your background should look like:
• A BS/ MS degree in Electrical / Mechanical/ Chemical Engineering is required
• 5-10 Years of experience in Semiconductor/ MEMS device fabrication is required
• Hands on wafer processing experience in cleanroom environment is required
• Experienced with standard metrology equipment used in semiconductor/ MEMS fabrication
• Experience with wafer probing, wafer level electrical test set up, wafer probe map generation
• Ability to work with proper PPE, and chemicals used in semiconductor manufacturing process
• Experience with formal release of process, product, and procedures
• Knowledge of DOE, ANOVA, and SPC in production environment
• Good project management and multi-tasking ability
• Ability to draft, publish and present test results and conclusions in internal / external reports
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power point), Visual Basic, LabView
• Self-Starter, self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with MEMS devices especially pressure sensors, accelerometers fabrication
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or TS 16949 quality systems
• Experience with Failure analysis
• Previous experience with New Product Introduction (NPI) is highly beneficial
• Experience with general wafer mapping formats such as Klarf, XML, and map conversion
• Experience with Pressure sensor Characterization and Application
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Back to top