SR FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER (m/f)
- Jämsä, Finland
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The TE Connectivity Data & Devices Business Unit has an opportunity available for an experienced Senior Field Application EngineerThe Data & Devices Unit provides connectivity and integrated systems solutions to customers in the Industrial, Building Automation, Indoor and Outdoor lighting markets.
In this opportunity, you will work closely with TE Connectivity's Tier 1 customers, serving as a technical lead resource mainly for one of our top Data and Device customers, engineers and program / platform managers by providing technical expertise, design work, product application information, and general support. You will be a significant interface between TE Connectivity's sales and engineering organizations and our customers including also some defined Tier 2 customers
This role will report in to the EMEA & India FAE Manager and will be based in either of following locations (Prio 1 Oulu, Finland Prio 2 Helsinki, Finland area Prio 3 Oostkamp, Belgium area).
Resposibilities & Qualifications
• Identifying opportunities for new products to be developed based on customer applications
• Conducting Voice of the Customer (VOC) sessions with customers to determine requirements for new development & design in TE Product activities. Concepting and design work on new products based on requirements gathered in VOC sessions.
• Acting as the customer interface during the execution of new product development projects to ensure customer requirements and timelines are met. Including NPI (New Product Introduction) phase
• Understanding the portfolio of existing products that can be used in customer applications
• Understanding opportunities for TE Connectivity to move beyond traditional connectivity products and offer system-level solutions to customers
• Understanding industry standards that apply to customers and their products (i.e. IEC, UL, etc.)
• Assessing technical complaints from customers and working with the TE Connectivity engineering & quality team to provide solutions.
• Identifying future industry trends and working with the Business Development and Product Management functions to develop product and technology roadmaps
• Bachelor's Degree in technical field required (Electrical and / or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
• Prior experience working directly with customers in a technical setting (3 - 5 years, preferred)
• Strong written and verbal communication, with exceptional listening skills.
• Ability to work as a member of a team to identify new opportunities
• Ability to work on global project teams
• Analytical and structured thinking with a creative ability to work towards targets and identify / pursue new business opportunities.
• Ability to take ownership of and maintain progress on multiple tasks
• Adaptability to changing priorities, strategies and business conditions.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization (in Finnish/(or French/Flemish if candidate will be based in Oostkamp area) & English)
• Ability and willingness to travel as required, mainly regionally
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Back to top