SR ELECTRONIC R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER
- Adolfo López Mateos, Mexico
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
• BS in Electronic/Electrical/Mechatronics. Master' Degree in a technical area preferred
• 7+ experience in overall systems definition and product development for Automotive, Aerospace or similar industries - preferably in sensors design, system integration and manufacturing (position/magnetic, temperature, fluid
• Level, current). Magnetic is a plus
• 5+ experience with PCB's design modeling and drafting - preferably in ALTIUM.
• 3+ experience with CAD SW (PTC Creo - preferred), PLM systems (PDM link - Preferred) and ERP systems (SAP - preferred) for BOM & Part creation and maintenance.
• Experience programming embedded microcontrollers for sensors calibration is a plus
• Experience in EMC Simulation using ANSYS or CST Studio along with experience writing EMC test plans is a plus
• Electrical troubleshooting advanced skills. Expert performing bench electrical tests.
• Experience in Functional Safety (Automotive Safety Integrity Level, ISO 26262) is a big plus
• Experience working with a PMO driven organization using a New Product Development with Stage-Gate Process (APQP, PPAP).
• Expertise in technical risk management (FMEA's) and manufacturing documentation (Critical Parameters, Control Plan).
• Design For Six Sigma (Green or Black belt) is a big plus.
• Analytical problem solver, performing root cause analysis and designing solutions using methodologies - Six Sigma or Shainin Red X preferred
• Strong project management skills are essential.
• Must be proficient in English - Fluent preferably
• Intercultural Competence.
• US visa required
• Frequent national and international travel required (25%)
• Support translation of customer requirements into electrical sensor product functional requirements and vehicle system integration for different transportation applications and Product Lines (Position, Temperature, Current, Pressure)
• Act as an electrical technical partner and provide support to Customer OEM's and Business Development teams to provide innovative and robust solutions. Attend/support customer meetings and site visits as needed.
• Define and develop new product concepts with Platform development teams to provide technical or cost advantages to the market/customer to improve TE's market position.
• This position involves interfacing directly with project managers, customers, new business development and product management, sales, manufacturing engineering, test lab, model & pre-production shop resources. Key expectations:
o Definition, design/development, and electrical testing of sensors for different AUTO & ICT applications and product lines working with Suppliers, internal experts, cross functional teams and customers.
o Perform analog circuit design and layout, modeling and simulations (magnetostatics, EMC) to optimize sensor design in collaboration with TE's experts and resources.
o Design of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for developing and testing prototypes to verify performance as needed, as well as providing test engineering support related to sensor design, integration and production
o Interface with TE's experts in support of selection of ASIC's and sensing elements (Hall-Effect, MR, NTC) needed per customer and product functional requirements.
o Analyze quantitative information and applies professional judgement to resolve a variety of moderately complex problems; using problem solving methods (preferred Six Sigma or Shainin Red X).
o Prototype development in collaboration with platform R&D engineers and process development team.
o Prepare procedures and test plans to evaluate products for design verification (DVP&R), product validation (PVP&R) or product improvement, interpreting results.
o Perform field failure analysis along with cross functional teams to find root cause and propose solutions to optimize designs.
o Experience with circuit design to solve EMC issues and creation of EMC test plans is a plus. Assisting with EMC testing as required, including building if applicable testing jigs.
o Develop product design technical documents (models, drawings, schematics, specifications, standards, testing plan) needed for product release and PPAP submission
o Troubleshoot design issues during Prototyping, Design Validation Testing and production startup.
o Apply Design for Manufacturing and Assemblies (DFMA) principles working closely with Process Development Engineers and Manufacturing teams.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Back to top