At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Systems Engineering Team conceive original ideas for new products and introduces them into practice. As a System Engineer, your role involves developing our Humidity and Combination Sensors, from concept to production. You engage with customers, comprehend their needs, and lead technical discussions. You collaborate with cross-functional teams globally and external partners to create suitable products and optimize costs. You stay ahead of tech trends, use structured development methods like Design For Six Sigma, and ensure products meet technical, performance, and cost requirements within budget and schedule. The ideal candidate would be an experienced Hardware and System engineer for sensor products, and specifically, for humidity or temperature sensors, with a Design For Six Sigma certification.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Translate customer specifications into internal requirements, update and track corresponding compliance matrix.
- Manage feasibility study and prototype assembly when needed.
- In close collaboration with the Project manager and the project team, coordinate the product design to create a high-quality and cost-effective solution.
- Leverage reliability engineer from outside the team to define an optimized validation plan based on the mission profile of the end application by utilizing methods such as HALT and TTF (Test to failure)
- Create technical justification documents (QFD, Pugh matrix, benchmark analysis, DFMEA, specifications, system integration...).
- Work out and evaluate functional safety concepts and specify requirements for process steps like EOL teaching/calibration.
- Drive peer reviews during the development of the product, ensure meeting guidelines and contribute to their update or creation when required.
- Give instruction to the design teams (electronic, software, mechanical and process) as the product responsible.
- Keep track of prototype manufacturing (sub-contractors, supplier) and conduct reviews when needed.
- Assess and manage product validations (functional, environmental, electrical, EMC...)
- Report progress on meeting customer requirements, performance, cost and deliverable dates on assigned projects.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risk associated with design on assigned projects by leveraging when relevant set-based concurrent engineering approach (test of more than just one design solution) from the concept phase and onwards.
- Create its own network within TRS Engineering technical community (SME) to leverage lessons and competencies available outside his team to challenge proposed solutions including risk identification and mitigation.
- Perform benchmark analysis, coordinate tear-down analysis performance comparison and cost analysis regarding competitors' products.
- Contribute to developing the product line portfolio and roadmap by giving fresh and smart points of view on the current and future technical market trends and solutions.
- Take the lead in driving any technical issue during product development. Define a solid plan to drive data collection to the root cause of the issue and work in collaboration with the reliability engineer to implement a solid solution to correct the technical issue.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Extensive experience (5+ years) in embedded electronic or ASICs design and development with a willingness to move at the system level.
- Experience in all aspects of automotive design, development, and deployment of automotive products.
- Experience with automotive customer interactions in product development. Sensor products are a plus.
- Experience with supplier interactions during product development phases or engineering changes for serial products.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- High team spirit, sharing your knowledge to develop expertise to other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with management, stakeholders, cross-functional teams (engineering, product management, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, finance, sales) and subject matter experts.
- Exceptional curiosity about market trends, critical thinking, problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions when presented with a series of challenges, conflicts and constraints.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel as required around 15%.
- Experience in ASICs development
- DFSS or Six Sigma Certification
- CodeBeamer knowledge
- Standards Knowledge - ISO 26262, IATF 16949, EN 9100, ISO 9001, AEC-Q100
- Project management ability or experience
- Knowledge or sensitivity to multi-development competence (mechanical, electronic, software)
- Solid knowledge of Automotive sensors development
- Solid knowledge in sensor electronics, measurement & signal processing
- Functional Safety (FuSa) Knowledge and Expertise
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global technology leader enabling a secure, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions have been proven in the most demanding environments, enabling advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy technology, data communications, and for the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, we work with customers in nearly 140 countries. TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
WHAT TE CONNECTIVITY OFFERS:
We are pleased to offer you an exciting total package that can also be flexibly adapted to changing life situations - the well-being of our employees is our top priority!
• Competitive Salary Package
• Performance-Based Bonus Plans
• Health and Wellness Incentives
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
• Employee Resource Group
Across our global sites and business units, we put together packages of benefits that are either supported by TE itself or provided by external service providers. In principle, the benefits offered can vary from site to site.