Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Galway, Ireland
About TE Connectivity
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Creganna Medical is ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry. The company specializes in the design and manufacture of minimally invasive delivery and access devices for a range of therapies. Serving over 400 companies across 30 countries, Creganna Medical's customers include the world's leading medical device and life science companies. Headquartered in Galway, Ireland, Creganna Medical has a global operational footprint with design and manufacturing facilities spanning the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia. http://www.creganna.com/
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Working within the Core Engineering group, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer must be motivated in delivering improvements, a desire for excellence and making a positive difference to be successful in such a role. You will have the ability to analyse data and complete root cause analysis as essential skills gained within the manufacturing environment. You will lead a team of Technicians and be responsible for managing and supporting all Engineering activity in areas of responsibility. As a key member of the Core Operations Support team, and as needs arise, the successful candidate will be expected to input to the development of supports and systems outside of Core Engineering responsibilities and assist in development and implementation of systems for areas as diverse as training, planning, staff supervision, and business processes.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP's) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Health & Safety: Drive a Health & Safety culture, striving for zero accidents through focus on Health & Safety initiatives in line with the plant objectives.
- People: Coach/mentor and develop Engineers and Technicians using development plans and performance management. Identification and development of talent for succession planning.
- Quality: Drive Engineering solutions to ensure Right First-Time principles, driving yield improvements, complaint reductions and supporting the CAPA process.
- Continuous Improvement: Work with key business stakeholders and Operations teams to build a continuous improvement environment that supports ongoing change and improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six-Sigma tools.
- Service: Drive a culture of Exceptional Customer Experience (ECE) for both the internal and external customers, by ensuring that projects and commitments are continually being met or exceeded.
- New Product Introduction: Support New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPD group.
- Assess process capabilities, prioritize process improvement opportunities, and innovate and implement process improvements across manufacturing processes.
- CAPEX management for new and replacement equipment, including investigating in state-of-the-art process technologies and evaluating potential competitive advantage and the cost-benefit of introduction.
- Lead and manage a high performing engineering team to deliver the defined business goals & objectives.
- Maintain high quality/compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within Creganna Medical.
- Manages external relationships with key technology providers.
- Manage a variable workload to meet operational requirements.
- Manage and assist in the creation and maintenance of up-to-date SOPs and documentation in area of responsibility and ensure deployment of all technical training within the Business Unit.
What your background should look like:
- Level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 5-10yrs experience in a high-volume automated production environment.
- A demonstrated ability to lead a focused production/technical problem-solving team.
- Knowledge of Medical Device or similar quality and manufacturing systems would be very desirable.
- Equipment knowledge and process experience for high-volume manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of Six-Sigma and/or Lean Engineering principles with a proven track record in use and delivery of results.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with an ability to communicate ideas, concepts and projects clearly and positively.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Ability to make and implement decisions.
- Well-developed understanding and with experience in performing Medical Device manufacturing process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
Back to top