Senior Director, Product Management
- Milpitas, CA
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of over $14 billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive, consumer electronics, telecommunications, aerospace, defense & military, medical & healthcare, oil & gas/marine, and energy & utilities. With over 78,000 associates including 7,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity's commitment is their customers' advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "TEL." See www.te.com
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE's unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
Reporting to the VP & GM of Pressure Sensing, in the TE Sensor Solutions Business Unit, the Senior Director of the Industrial and Consumer product group will be responsible for product revenue, standard cost and OI as well as product portfolio management, resource allocation, and project management overseeing the specific applications in the Industrial and Consumer markets. The newly formed Pressure Sensor Team (PST), is the merger of the existing TE pressure sensor business with two recent acquisitions (Silicon Microstructures and First Sensor) creating a strong market position. The objective is to merge the portfolios, which together comprise $150M in revenue, and drive profitable growth at 2X market by driving an application focused strategy. The drivers to successfully getting the business to the next phase of growth, include:
- Re-balancing the portfolio toward less commoditised applications and focus on technologically differentiated and higher growth markets aligned to mega-trends.
- Define technology platforms to leverage scale and minimize engineering utilization and operations complexity.
- Build out product roadmaps to align with key accounts and create differentiation in target applications.
- Develop strong relationships with key accounts and align with other product lines and BU's to create cross selling synergies.
- Assist in the optimization of the manufacturing footprint as the two acquisitions are integrated into TE.
- Understand macroeconomic, market trends, competition, and disruptor technologies which will impact the business. Anticipate actions to evolve and adapt the business model to external environment.
- Manage strategic choices to ensure organic growth and profitability objectives are being met. Includes driving strategy to grow above market. Develop clear strategic plan and lead team execution of the plan.
- Develop mid to long term product strategy & roadmaps including technology platform strategy aligned to target applications.
- Develop go-to-market strategy for key accounts and fragmented parts of the business.
- Identify gaps in the organization structure and core competencies and build up plans to bridge the gaps.
- Translate product group strategy and roadmap into tactical plans and drive execution to achieve business objectives including revenue, standard cost, gross margin, and OI.
- Keep close contact with strategic customers, market mega-trends, industry standards, to understand and influence technology trends and requirements to form product roadmap and drive competitive advantage.
- Generate technology platform concept with engineering to build solid product foundation and more stable NPI launches.
- In partnership with Global Sales and Marketing influence go-to-market strategy and enhance technical competency of the Sales and distribution channel; grow share with key customer and fully leverage distribution partners. Enable the digital transformation and increase of sales via digital platforms.
- Create differentiation with product development, including advance technology development; address supply chain priorities for the product lines, including lead time and localization.
- Build culture of continuous improvement, which leverages best practice processes and metrics to drive year-over-year improvements in key project management metrics.
- Promote a culture that reflects TE Connectivity's values. Set strength goals creating outstanding performance, promotes an inclusive environment and strengthen global team spirit within and across other business units. Reward productivity as part of an ongoing process to establish TE as an employer of choice.
- Recruit diverse candidates, develop, provide feedback & coach and mentor a best-in-class organization which ensures every customer opportunity is maximized.
- Take business decisions as an enterprise leader, always aiming the best for TE Connectivity.
- Embrace growth mindset to mentor, lead, guide and direct talent of the global team, becoming a TE talent developer.
- Ensure all activities are aligned with TE Connectivity's position on regulatory and compliance guidelines within appropriate international, national, local and industry standards regulations.
- Minimum 15 years' experience combining several experiences in Product Management, Sales, Project Management, Sales and at least 5 years as a Team Leader, in Industry (Sensors, Semiconductor, Electrical / Mechanical Components & Systems).
- Minimum of 4 year technical or business degree required with a preference for advanced degree (MS, MBA)
- Proven commercial and leadership track record to drive global growth, including sales, marketing, and technical teams with significant customer exposure at senior executive level in a fast paced and changing environment with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience leading global cross business teams in a matrixed environment; demonstrable success in creating a global strategy and driving implementation.
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills in leading large teams, including experience building and leading highly motivated teams.
- Knowledge of industrial and consumer markets
- Ability to effectively work under pressure and to meet challenging targets.
- Clear, strategic thinker with vision and the ability to execute on priorities.
- Demonstrated commercial / entrepreneurial / strategic / innovative mindset.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships with multiple functions.
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Back to top