R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER II
- Bangalore, India
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
Responsible for Power cable assembly product sustaining & development, which are used for data communication or Hyperscale computer. Provide customer innovation solution as well as manage the engineer documents following TE system procedure.
- Manage the complete product development life cycle (starting from voice of customer, ideation, Design Conceptualization, Creation of product specifications, 3D design, Prototyping, Product testing, Product qualification, Project Execution & Sustenance till product end of life)
- Understand market and customer needs by fostering a connection between the business engineering teams and the customer engineering teams
- Work closely with customer/sales/PM in getting the right and clear VOC (voice of customer), make engineering evaluation/proposal to customer.
- Maintain a System level understanding of customer application and the cable design/concept necessary for providing a solution to the customers' expectation.
- Follow LEANPD Project Process to support project team from PDE perspective to complete Project (NPI or Sustaining) on time, quality and budget. Drive the development and release of product, scale-up through stage-gate reviews, ensuring milestone commitments are maintained.
- Technical support to customer, sales, PM and plant team. Conduct necessary test, engineering analysis, trouble shooting and verification.
- Work with global manufacturing resources, procurement, and outside suppliers to meet all TE technical, quality, and cost objectives
- Apply engineering best practice to reduce cost and sustain exiting products to meet customer's cost targets.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree (Mechanical) required and Master is preferred
- Knowledge about various phases of product realization and product development
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art design tools such as 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), modelling, Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T), electrical & electronic design and Simulation
- Basic knowledge in manufacturing process (machining, molding, stamping, plating, etc.) will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge in material (metal/plastic) properties will be a plus.
- Basic knowledge of transmission line/signal integrity concepts is helpful in completing required tasks.
- Familiarity with quality tools (FMEA, 6sigma, DOE, 8D...) will be a plus.
- 5+ years of experience with a minimum of 3 in the Cable Assembly or connector industry related to new product development and maintenance
- This position is highly technical and requires an individual who can work independently.
- Experience on product compliance certification ( Product, Safety, Environment substance control)
- Experience in design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA), design for cost (DFC), design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Previous experience building and sustaining high-performing multi-disciplinary engineering teams
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Back to top