R&D Production Assistant
- Plymouth, MN
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Assists with the completion of LHRs and ensuring that they are completed correctly and submitted to documentation.
- Checks time in TLO & helping to monitor attendance (noting absences, tardiness, and when people leave early.
- Helps to monitor PTO by reviewing the production demand and PTO calendars, etc.
- Monitors Break times.
- Enforces Blade Policy by doing walks on the line and reporting concerns with documentation.
- Helps to coordinate training on the production lines, including temporary employee training.
- Helps to communicate needs to the leads such as production issues, shipping requirements, or changes to scheduling, etc.
- Attends the AM production meeting in the supervisor's absence to inform leads and employees of plans for the day, etc.
- Moves people around based on training/experience when we are short-staffed (checks training records, etc.). Also assists Tech Trainer in helping to develop training based on experience level (for new hires, etc.)
- Helps with the end of the day report.
- Checks the WIP tracking information prior to the AM meeting and makes sure they are complete and accurate at the end of the day.
- Enters in the hourly tracking information.
- Assists with the braiding schedule.
- Supports production needs when the supervisor is unavailable (any critical issues would be communicated to upper management for assistance).
- Fill in for supervisor on weekends when needed.
- Provides support and guidance to the Production Leads to make training decisions.
- Keeps the Gown/Bootie size spreadsheet up-to-date.
- Assists with the upkeep of locker assignments or issues concerning lockers, hangers, key fobs.
- Communicates to stores when production needs materials or kits.
- Communicates to Extrusion when production needs more materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Three to five years' experience in manufacturing environment preferred, preferably medical device; experience working with different types of catheter equipment and materials; and basic drawing and specification understanding.
- Previous line lead/floor lead experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts using basic math.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English to effectively understand, complete and communicate required paperwork and documentation, including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Lot History Records (LHR) and procedure manuals, to effectively communicate to cross-functional teams.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Back to top