Product Manager - Fibre Optics
- Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Product Manager - Fibre Optics
Location: Site presence in Hastings, East Sussex required regularly as well as national & internal travel to customers. Home working is also available to accommodate the balance of travel requirements.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product line and are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets. The Product Manager Position for Fibre Optics will be a key member of the global TE AD&M Business Unit organization, actively leading and driving projects for physical contact product lines, primarily focusing on Deutsch connectivity and harness solutions. You will work closely with the functional experts throughout the company to deliver immediate business impact through recommendations based on critical evaluation of analytical data obtained from a range of sources. This role reports into the RFO manager of Product Management.
- Annual revenue, margin, capex budget settings for managed product lines
- Developing PL vision, key objectives and business strategies for growth, GTM plans
- Developing and managing/reviewing product pricing, costs, fully owning P&L
- With engineering and senior management developing product/technology roadmaps, and evaluating and closing product gaps to ensure product lines' health and growth
- Managing product life cycles
- Establishing/maintaining close relationships with operations, supply chain and plant personnel to enable on-time deliveries by forecasting demand, safe stocking, etc.
- Frequently reviewing progress towards annual goals, B&B, on-time deliveries, realigning
- Owning, maintaining and growing key customer list and keeping close relationships with them, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
- Befriending, training and supporting sales organization, advocating their needs within organization
- Travelling as needed to see key customers, standard committees, exhibitions, etc. necessary to product lines' growth
- Aligning across different functions across organization - engineering, S&M, operations, finances to ensure delivery on targets
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in technical field required. Advanced degree in business, finances, or similar would be a plus.
- Experience in connectivity and/or fibre optics
- Exposure to aerospace and defence markets strongly preferred
- P&L management experience and financial acumen strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills
- Ability to travel - anticipate 40% travel (primarily EMEA)
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a fast-paced environment
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
Back to top