Product Management Director
- Shanghai, China
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
Manages all aspects of a global portfolio, including developing the strategy and business plan, driving new product development, gaining cross functional alignment and driving the execution of the business plan. Runs the portfolio as a "mini" GM. Responsible for overall product portfolio leadership in order to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets. Must manage a group of product managers and/or associate product managers.
• Analyze market and industry trends, customer needs, Voice of the Customer (VOC), and the competitive landscape. Translates this information into product line plans
• Develop product line vision, strategy, product and technology roadmaps and business plans
• Builds alignment across multiple functions inside organization
• P&L Responsibility -deliver on revenue and gross (or standard) margin targets by driving execution of the plan
• Product lifecycle management ("housekeeping" of the product line like product launches, rationalization, slow moving inventory and cost reduction, etc)
• Define market lead time requirements, provide guidance on capacity planning by forecasting demand and working closely with the supply chain organization to set safety stock requirements, etc.
• Maintain customer (including channel,) intimacy with key players
• Demonstrate thought leadership to internal and external stakeholders
• Perform VOC and provide engineering with product requirements definition and specifications.
• Willingness to travel - visits, customer presentations, trainings, etc
What your background should look like:
• 7+ years of product management experience
• Relevant product or industry experience desired
• Experience managing direct reports
• 4-year technical or business degree required
• Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Back to top