- Coon Rapids, MN
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in manufacturing operations and take appropriate action to meet shipping schedules
- Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed, if needed development of new ones
- Manage, monitor and report on capacity requirements
- Manage, monitor and report on material requirements
- Provide front-line support to manufacturing
- Responsible for coordinating and accomplishing annual manufacturing business and performance plans
- Assure product quality
- Provides Technical support to the manufacturing and manufacturing engineering groups
- Participate in operation and project review meetings
- Interviews applicants for operations jobs
- Make recommendations on training requirements
- Maintain data for on-time delivery, Yield, and shop floor performance metrics
- Provide training, mentoring, and on-going support to manufacturing team members
- Understanding of Quality documentation and reporting
- Daily review of production schedules
- Schedule overtime as necessary
- Provide reports and updates on performance measurements
- Review and authorize stock order requests
- Coordinate activities within Operations to achieve daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals
What your background should look like:
- Demonstrates expertise within a specific professional discipline by integrating theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents into work.
- Broad knowledge of other related disciplines
- Knowledge of TE's business, products and processes
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Adapts precedents and traditional approaches to develop solutions.
- Generally requires a Bachelors Degree in appropriate field with a minimum of 8 years experience.
- Masters Degree or higher or local equivalent may be preferred at this level.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and inventory practices of electronic manufacturing
- Knowledge of MRP II concepts
- Ability to use personal computers and software in a variety of functions including: word processing, spreadsheets, etc;
- Strong knowledge of Quality Systems and Problem Solving (Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing Preferred)
- Ability to work within dynamic environment with customer delivery pressure
- Analyze data from various sources to arrive at planning requirements
- Strong team leader and team organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the company
- Innovation and Creativity, strong vision and goals orientation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn , Facebook , WeChat and Twitter .
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
Back to top