At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP's) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Health & Safety: Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled for the manufacturing process
- Quality: Support Engineering in Right First-Time principles, yield improvements, complaint reductions and supporting the CAPA process
- Continuous Improvement: Identify and work with key business stakeholders and Operations teams to implement improvement opportunities using Lean and Six-Sigma tools
- Service: Ensure that Exceptional Customer Experience (ECE) for both the internal and external customers are met by meeting or exceeding commitments
- New Product Introduction: Support New Part Introduction in conjunction with the Prototyping / NPD group
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to develop troubleshooting guides and to improve/standardise existing production processes and procedures
- Technical support of production equipment with responsibility for process yields, equipment OEE, TPM and Health & Safety
- Assist with engineering studies, process trials and execution of IQ/OQ/PQ validations of equipment and processes
- Responsible for preventative maintenance tasks within the assigned manufacturing area
- Design, specify, manufacture and test jigs, fixtures, new equipment and ensure compliance with QMS
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of up-to-date SOPs and documentation in area of responsibility
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers in root cause analysis and implementing robust solutions to technical issues in both equipment and processes
- Working knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes would be an advantage.
- Candidate should be able to highlight innovative examples of fixture design and manufacture which they have implemented previously.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of Medical Device development/manufacture, although not a requirement, may be an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of Engineering, Quality Systems and Lean Manufacturing.
- Proven keen eye for detail and the ability to work in a highly technical, challenging and changing environment.
- Computer literate Excel, Word etc.
What your background should look like:
- Level 6 degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Preferably with 2 years+ experience in a similar role
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation