GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS ANALYST
- Shanghai, China
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The role is responsible for advancing the Government Affairs and Corporate Responsibility function in Asia , consistent with TE Connectivity's Global Government Affairs and Corporate Responsibility ("GGACR") strategies.
The role aims to provide TE internal customers with insights and tools to support the business strategies in achieving the Company's growth objectives in the region. The role shall support Government Affairs Manager APAC to promote One TE and maintain the strategic alignments with all regional business heads.
1. Position Government Affairs and Corporate Responsibility as business enabler for TE; and
2. Provide extraordinary customer experience to TE internal customers, including leaders of business units and center-led functions.
What your background should look like:
1) Monitor and translate central and local policy initiatives into business impacts to enable internal customers to form educated decisions
2) Assist in implementing result-oriented policy advocacy plans to win key policy issues that have material impacts on business growth
2. Corporate responsibility:
1) Drive strategic CR programs to create shared value for the Company and internal customers
2) Promote STEM education in the region to strengthen community relations, improve employer branding, and establish talent pipelines
3) Drive sustainability culture in the Company to deliver the TE purposes
3. Stakeholder engagement:
1) Maintain and develop healthy and ethical working relations with national and local governments, third-parties, and non-governmental organizations to enable market access, ensure operation continuity, accumulate reputational equity, and enhance community engagement
2) Establish thought leadership in mitigating geopolitical challenges, responsible corporate citizen, innovation, and business continuity
3) Identify and execute opportunities to place TE executives at events of strategic importance
1) 0-3 years of proven experience in government affairs and corporate responsibility, including strategic stakeholder engagement and policy research
2) Excellent knowledge and understanding of the political, policy and regulatory environment in China; relevant experience in other countries is preferred
3) Broad knowledge of the macroeconomic and industrial environment; experience in the technology sector is preferred
4) Experience in working in a multi-cultural and cross-functional environment, and handling multiple assignments concurrently
2. Educational background:
1) Degrees in public policy, public administration, and international politics are preferred
1) Unquestioned integrity and a demonstrable ethical standard
2) Strong communication, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills in a bilingual and culturally diverse environment
3) Proven abilities to work within a team and as an individual contributor
4) Proven abilities to build stakeholder trust and relations in a timely manner
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Back to top