Continuous Improvement Specialist (m/f/d)
- Dortmund, Germany
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) is a company-wide program aimed at improving our business performance by applying Lean Manufacturing best practice improvement tools to become more efficient and effective so that we can be more productive, satisfy our customers and deliver more value to our shareholders.
In this role you will be responsible for directing lean initiatives for sites and developing / deploying TEOA to drive flawless execution with tools and methods that are flexible, reliable, responsive and sustained. The ideal candidate will be a Certified Lean Manufacturing Specialist (+Certified Black Belt is preferred) and will be responsible for driving change to meet defined metrics and organization goals including implementation of (TEOA 15 tools) lean six sigma principles and philosophies through hands-on training and teaching and applying appropriate Lean tools: e.g., 5S, visual factory, Value Stream mapping, continuous improvement tools including Standard Work, SMED and Kaizen, material flow, etc. The successful candidate will have a history of leading change and producing documented improvements in plant costs and quality.
The TEOA system ensures a safe work environment, drives quality improvements, provides premier customer service, develops a qualified workforce, and reduces operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvement in the site systems. Partners with the Site Leadership team to oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual operational and financial expectations.
- Develop TEOA deployment plans consistent with business unit /plant strategic and operational plan.
- Support and mentor site based TEOA Practitioners / Kaizen Facilitators to enable them to succeed in the TEOA deployment and sustaining. Train team members, management and staff in all TEOA tools.
- Identify and organize resources required to achieve successful implementation in accordance with plan.
- Manage and control individual project teams and deployment plans at both site and functional levels.
- Monitor progress against plans, achievement of continuous improvement and progression to higher star assessment levels.
- Monitor and report site level measurements and performance to star assessment levels.
- Lead TEOA project teams, develop value stream maps and execute the TEOA implementation plan for the site to achieve the plant level TEOA metrics and goals while ensuring alignment to the business unit strategy.
- Create, plan, lead and follow-up of the TEOA implementation plan and ensure TEOA actions are visual to stakeholders and are driven to a sustainable closure.
- Facilitate TEOA Kaizen events.
- Account for predicted savings and track, validate and post to financial/operational results.
- Provide leadership on lean thinking, lean processing and lean production.
- Replicate examples of excellence across sites and communicate this to other TEOA Team Members within business unit.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field, Master's Degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of technical / operations experience with focus on production, logistics or industrial engineering and finance.
- 3-5 years of experience as Lean practitioner with demonstrated evidence of sustained, successful lean activities within specific value streams.
- Previous experience in leading continuous improvement activities at value stream level essential.
- Formal Mentoring, Facilitating & Coaching Training
- DMAIC Six Sigma Master Black Belt strongly preferred
- Process Improvement Management
- Previous hands-on and practical experience in using value stream mapping and implementing improvement tools with proven results in at least the following areas: 5S+1, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover and TPM preferred.
- Have the patience, perseverance and passion to drive the TEOA culture across the plant
- Credibility and experience to work effectively and directly with the site management team
- Excellent communication, coaching and inter-personal skills at all levels from the shop floor to top management
- Strong team leader
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Analytically minded and data-driven.
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
Back to top