At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Title: CNC Setter Operator - Milling
Shift Pattern: Swing Shift
Monday to Thursday: 6.00am - 14.00pm / 14.00pm - 22.00pm
Friday: 6.00am - 13.00pm / 13.00pm - 20.00pm
To set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time.
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Programme, set and operate CNC 3 to 4 Axis Milling Machines, inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained.
- Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs essential.
- Capable of taking drawing to part (read the drawing and make that part).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M's; 5S's etc.).
- Quality conscience.
- First off inspection.
- Work effectively and resolve issues within a team environment.
- Complete accurately all necessary material movement paperwork (i.e. route cards, material traceability, program changes).
- Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components.
- To set and operate manual machines as necessary.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes.
- Machine waiting time, OEE, operations supervised by supervision
- Supervision and other members of the production departments as required.
What your background should look like:
- A good basic standard of education is required with an engineering bias.
- Experience of CNC machine tools setting, operating, engineering
Knowledge & Skills
- The ability to follow standard works instructions is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Capable of working on own initiative
TE Connectivity is an equal opportunity employer
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups