At GapTech, we are passionate about delivering great customer experiences utilizing cutting edge technologies through lean development practices. As we continue evolve our platform capabilities, the ideal UI engineering architect would have a passion for delivering value to our customers and a strong emphasis on quality and sustainability. The ideal candidate is experienced in using established engineering and architecture design principles to drive and maintain agility in the codebase.
We're looking for someone who has experience & passion for front-end technologies, delivering solutions within enterprise scale systems, & producing something spectacular. GapTech is a place where you can flex your imagination in designing and developing industry leading customer experiences that are reliable and scalable.
- Works collaboratively with the stakeholders, architects, & product team members to implement & deliver front-end focused features to customers with quality.
- Is influential and engages actively in continuously improving practices and methodology.
- Displays strategic thinking and can implement and deliver sustainable solutions - keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Can provide technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, testing, implementation, & delivery.
- Is actively involved with and may influence direction of industry groups and open-source communities.
- Identifies standards based solutions that are appropriate to our environment and drives adoption via mentoring and guiding others who are still developing their skills.
- Initiates and leads effort towards organizational goals and objectives.
- Contributes directly to front-end architecture roadmap & technology standards.
- A minimum of 10 years software development experience, 5 years of which are specific to front-end technologies. Demonstrable and extensive experience and expertise in the selection, evaluation, development, and delivery of front-end (UI) based software solutions including testing strategies, design & architecture, maintenance, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Expertise & experience in optimizing for performance & scale - both server-side and front-end.
- Expertise & experience in responsive web design and/or mobile-first product strategies.
- Understanding & experience in NodeJS-based technologies, containerization, cloud platforms.
- Understanding & experience in service design and strategies including data modeling, REST maturity, API design.
- Understanding & experience in search engine optimization (SEO).
- Understanding & experience in accessibility – WCAG 2.0 AA compliance or higher.
- Understanding & experience in web security, cross-site scripting (XSS).
- Minimum B.A./B.S in Computer Science at an accredited college or university or equivalent.
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top