Systems Engineer - Stores Infrastructure Internship
Gap Inc.Technology is looking for exceptional talent with fresh ideas, cutting-edgeskills, and a passion for technology. We're not your average IT shop, and thisisn't your average internship. In your 10 weeks with Gap Inc. (tentative startdate – June 11, 2018), you'll have a voice in the room, be pushed to takerisks, and play a critical role in innovative projects that are transformingretail technology. Ready to get started?
What's In It for You?
As a GapInc. Intern, you will get to meet our senior executives and leaders intechnology and digital. You will work on individual projects as well as achallenging group project that you will present to senior management at the endof the summer. You will learn that we work hard, but we play hard too. We inviteyou to participate in events, such as a San Francisco Giants game, bowlingnights, ping pong social clubs, happy hours, art galleries, interactivemuseums, and volunteering in the community.
Here's what you will do all summer!
As an intern, you will beworking in an agile environment with other Store Systems Engineers (SSE). You will be responsible for deliveringengineering technical solutions for business needs for Gap, Inc. stores.
- Participate inthe selection and certification of next generation hardware for stores
- Write andenhance Chef Cookbooks to support engineering hardware/OS builds
- Upgradeinternational wireless device management tool
- Troubleshootsystems remotely across global regions
- Participate onprojects using the Agile SDLC methodology
Here's what you need to get the work done
- Undergraduate or graduate student with one year or less left to graduate in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Integrated Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- General knowledge of networking including both wired and wireless
- Working knowledge of Linux, Unix, Windows, Ruby and Python preferred
- Possesses knowledge of software packaging and deployment technologies
- Ambitious self-starter, highly motivated to learn and apply skills
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top