Sr. Quality Engineer, Business Intelligence (Supply Chain Domain)
Gap Inc.'s mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation for all Gap Inc.'s brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The ideal candidate will architect, design, and build/extend enterprise class Build, Deployment and Test Automation systems for the Business Intelligence and Analytics Department within the context for the Supply Chain (Logistics, Allocation and Corporate Systems) areas. Success will be measured on the candidate's ability to rapidly enhance/integrate the subject area with a keen understanding of Gap's existing Continuous Integration and Deployment systems (CI-CD), data quality and testing architecture/framework/automation while working closely with other architecture and development teams. Success is measured by bringing supply chain experience expertise to quality engineering with a hands-on approach for implementing the strategic vision.
- Be hands-on during development projects and production support to ensure data quality or build extensions to the data quality framework.
- Ensure quality engineers focus on, and adhere to, quality strategy and modify strategy as necessary during projects on an as needed basis.
- Drive test strategy, automation, test framework modifications and customizations.
- Ensure the documentation and implementation of any test automation strategy and quality framework.
- Lead key interactions with Data Warehouse architects, engineers, and project teams. Take ownership and drive closure of quality issues.
- Actively understands the functional area assigned within the Supply Chain subject area (examples: logistics, allocation or corporate systems).
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- 6-8 years' experience with data quality methodologies and testing.
- Understanding/exposure to Continuous Delivery systems or systems automation
- Hands on knowledge of test automation (GUI and API level) and framework design
- SQL is essential; Python
- Continuous Integration- Continuous Development(CI-CD) tools: Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, PIG Unit, HIVERunner, R Unit, Gradle
- Experience with Integrating Continuous Delivery systems into Cloud (nice to have)
- BigData Applications: Hadoop, Azure, Pig, Hive, SQL, Teradata, Microstrategy, and Datastage/Talend as ETL Tool preferred
- BI Tools: Microstrategy, Power BI
- Databases: Teradata, SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle & MySQL
- Experience with Cubes: Essbase, SSAS
- Virtualization: Denodo, Scheduling Tool: Cawa
- Agile & waterfall methodology
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience; Advanced degree
- Experience with Agile or Scrum development processes
- Domain Experience: Supply Chain (Logistics, Allocation and/or Corporate Systems like Sales/Inventory/etc)
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director, Customer Success
Angela focuses her energy and work on Gap’s internal customers—their employees. She is accountable for ensuring Gap develops productivity technology for their employees to be successful in their day-to-day roles.
Back to top