Sr. QA Engineer - Big Data, Business Intelligence & Data Warehouse
Gap Inc is looking for a highly motivated Quality Engineer III with a focused background in Big Data, BI, and Data Warehousing. You will have the opportunity to be part of a creative team responsible for building a customer-centric data-platform supporting our Omni-channel business, seamless inventory management and PRODUCT 3.0 company initiatives. As a Quality Engineer, you will architect, design, and build enterprise class Business Intelligence Quality and Testing Solutions. Your success will be measured on your ability to rapidly develop a keen understanding of Gap's Information quality and testing architecture and frameworks while working closely with other architecture and development teams to build world-class testing solutions.
- This individual will serve as the Senior Engineer to a group of quality engineers and quality analysts, who design and build quality assurance methods and tools and execute assurance processes for Gap's reporting, data warehousing and analytics business function.
- Lead business intelligence QA teams, setting measurable team goals/deliverables and directing/mentoring/ Quality Engineers and Analysts for the quality process;
- Deliver projects by managing onshore and offshore model, cross functional QA teams as a part of project teams.
- The individual provides resource management and technical oversight to both Gap employees and to multiple vendor/third party consultants fulfilling the roles of quality assurance and release engineers.
- For direct employee reports, they provide career coaching, goals and mentoring.
- They also ensure that development projects and production support follow processes to ensure data quality, will drive test automation and will be hands-on as needed.
- Develop methods for project teams to use to test extract/transform/load (ETL) scripts and business intelligence reports.
- Support Agile development by automating builds, supporting continuous integration and testing to the extent practical in the BI/EDW environment.
- Document and implement a testing strategy, including test automation, for ETL and reporting tools.
- Manage code migration and software change management of ETL scripts and reporting objects via a CI-CD process.
- Implement and operate process and tools for Microstrategy, Essbase, Datastage and Github source code control. Develop code branching and merging strategy to allow parallel development.
- Develop processes for monitoring performance of reporting layer (Microstrategy, Essbase, Hyperion Financial Reporting), providing performance/capacity reporting and capacity planning.
- Lead key interactions with Data Warehouse architects, engineers, and project teams. Take ownership and drive closure of quality issues.
- Clear understanding of continuous integration, automated testing, and code branching and merging processes.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Skill: SQL is essential
- BigData Applications: Hadoop, Azure, Pig, Hive, Python, SQL, Teradata, Microstrategy, and Talend or ETL tools (Datastage);
- Business Intelligence (BI) Tools: Microstrategy, Power BI, Cognos, or Crystal;
- Databases: Teradata, SQL Server, Oracle & Hadoop
- Virtualization: Denodo
- Agile methodology
- Scheduling Tool: Cawa
- Continuous Integration-Continuous Development(CI-CD) tools: SVN, Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, PIG Unit, HIVE Unit, RUnit, Gradle
- 4-5 years managing a Quality Assurance team
- 5-7 years Quality Assurance and/or Engineering experience.
- Hands on knowledge of test automation (GUI and API level) and framework design
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience; Advanced degree
- Experience with Agile or Scrum development processes
- Ability to lead/develop/direct individual team members
- Ability to work with and lead multiple vendor partners
Meet Some of Technology at Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top